DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro Gimbal Lock Mavic 2

I just got the PolarPro lock for my M2P from amazon. It goes on easily, and locks really well, but I am concerned it shoves the camera backwards too much. The gimbal supports and rubber grommets appear really stressed when the PP locks in. Anyone else experience this?

Reactions: Former Member
it seems like it should be closer to $10
It's tough to make great products, hire great support people, offer lifetime warranties, etc. when charging bottom dollar for everything. I'm guessing PolarPro figured that one out pretty early and that's why their products are more expensive than many others.

Too bad that they did not include a "Remove before flying" streamer. I just ordered for my Zoom. Thanks for the review.

On a side note, I could not find a place to distinguish Pro from Zoom protector on the Amazon site so ordered direct from PolarPro.

Reactions: ff22
It's tough to make great products, hire great support people, offer lifetime warranties, etc. when charging bottom dollar for everything. I'm guessing PolarPro figured that one out pretty early and that's why their products are more expensive than many others.

Yes I subscribe to the "cheap/fast/good. Pick two" mindset... but still.

welp... I am in for $25 but it seems like it should be closer to $10.:confused: The stock one is just awful. Ordered.

I can understand that feeling but it's well worth it's to me. I'm kinda rough, I guess, and I've gone through three of the $10 locks. Once you get it, I think you'll change your mind about the price.

I just got the PolarPro lock for my M2P from amazon. It goes on easily, and locks really well, but I am concerned it shoves the camera backwards too much. The gimbal supports and rubber grommets appear really stressed when the PP locks in. Anyone else experience this?

Hmmm... let me check that out. I feel that it is tight but not unduly so. Double check that you have the camera in there "flat" and not on an angle.

Edit :Yep, that's the ticket. The camera has to be level and not pointing down. I made that mistake in my video. If done correctly, the camera moves less than a MM when it is locked into place. If the camera is pointing down, the edge hits the front of the cover, increasing the pressure. We're weren't following the directions that state that we should place the cover on the gimbal and then lock the tabs into the slots. 15539837592121784231532963188548.jpg

Last edited:
Great illustration. Thumbswayup Much appreciate your time. The side view is especially good to see it. I agree looks like about 1mm. Thanks!

I can hardly wait to get mine. :p

No problem. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I have full confidence in this piece. I thought the Sunnylife/PGYTech piece was adequate for day to day but would have installed the stock piece for any long trips. This lock retires the stock piece permanently.

Last edited:
OK... I will admit it. I did not watch the video but after receiving this gimbal lock and feeling the quality of the materials, how the padding is placed, and attention to detail it is worth a lot more than $10. Not sure if it is $25 but it is VERY GOOD.

Lo
I just got the PP gimbal lock and it's pretty nice!
$24.99 on Amazon or Polar Pro website.

I noticed in your very helpful video that you have some ties holding the propellors in place. Where did you get those from please? Based on your review I have ordered the gimbal lock and am hoping that it will arrive today. Thank you for your help and the video.

Lon: I too appreciate the closeup clip and like Rick, my Amazonski order will be here tamarra. Thanks again, amigo.

Lo

I noticed in your very helpful video that you have some ties holding the propellors in place. Where did you get those from please? Based on your review I have ordered the gimbal lock and am hoping that it will arrive today. Thank you for your help and the video.

Pgytech has prop restraints. I like them to keep the props close to the body and not swing out when placing in a case or moving the drone around.

Pgytech has prop restraints. I like them to keep the props close to the body and not swing out when placing in a case or moving the drone around.
The product is a good one and I own and have used it. It will always have a purpose.
That said, after an apparently minor prop impact with tree leaves, M2P kept flying, but on landing had a cracked prop blade. I later discovered that one of the 3 tabs that secure the props had broken off and was loose in the motor housing. It is nuclear when this occurred even though the event above is most likely. I did find it some days/flights later and eventually was able to get it out. Since that time I remove my props before putting the bird in my GPC case and added this checheck to my preflight.

Lo

Those are PGYTech pieces...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki