DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro ND32PL enough?

knsaber

Reactions
I am going to Greece (March) and Curacao (June). I have DJI ND filters (4/8/16) and I know it's not dark enough, plus I need a polarizer for water. Do you think just getting the PP ND32 PL is good enough to get water shots and keep the shutter decently low? I prefer 30fps, so a shutter of 60, 120, 240... I don't really want to spend $150 on the whole set.

Should be okay at the beach on a bright sunny day. A 64 would probably be too dark.

It totally depends on the time of day, the color of the sand and if there are clouds or not. It all depends on how much light is being reflected off of the surface (sand and water or snow ususally). Sometimes, 16. Sometimes 32. I've had to use 64 over snow on a bright, sunny day at high sun angle.

To be honest , the most of the times i am using sunny days in Greece 09:00 - 16:00 nd 16 - 20% (sun with clouds ) - nd 32 80% .

Reactions: knsaber
I am going to Greece (March) and Curacao (June). I have DJI ND filters (4/8/16) and I know it's not dark enough, plus I need a polarizer for water. Do you think just getting the PP ND32 PL is good enough to get water shots and keep the shutter decently low? I prefer 30fps, so a shutter of 60, 120, 240... I don't really want to spend $150 on the whole set.

I use a 64 a lot in Arizona.

I use a ND32 here in Alaska and it’s enough to keep the shutter speed at 50-100 when I’m filming over snow covered landscapes in full sunlight which is extremely bright.

I’m in Florida and I have the PolarPro 6 pack cinema series and there have been a few days where the 32 just didn’t cut it. I’m going to have to pickup their limited set just to have on hand when needed.

I always use ND16 which to me is enough since where I am right now in Canada. I’m not getting a lot of strong or hard lighting. Maybe I will need my ND32 in the summer? For winter with snow where I am I find ND16 filing at 4K 30fps is doing wonders for me already.

I don't really want to spend $150 on the whole set.

Polar Pro sells individual filters for $30. Here in LA, I sometimes need the 32K if I shoot more than 2 hours before sunset. The only time I've used the 64K is on the rare occasions that I shoot at mid-day.

I bought my Mavic Pro the evening before heading to Greece. First real flight was in Greece. I didn’t know about filters at the time. Took tons of footage at the beaches and various locations. All turned out great. Don’t over think it.

Reactions: Daptone and knsaber
I bought my Mavic Pro the evening before heading to Greece. First real flight was in Greece. I didn’t know about filters at the time. Took tons of footage at the beaches and various locations. All turned out great. Don’t over think it.
I mostly care about getting a polarizer so I can get better ocean shots. I haven't done any beach shots yet and excited to get clear blue water.

Call Polar Pro, they will sell you individual filters. They will also send you a free 6 filter case if you ask for one.

Hey guys! I am also going go Greece next week. I want to shot the famous Navagio Beach. I know noting about filters. Do i need any kind of filters? My local photo accessory shop sells individual PP Cinema Series filters, but i found only ND16 and ND32-PL. Witch one should i buy?
Any answers will be highly appreciated!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d