DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar pro vs neewer nd filters

Siwyleeds

Reactions
Hi guys. I’m looking for someone who has used both of above and can advise about the picture quality. I have the neewer filters which are working good with slowing shutter speed but just wondering if the colours and all else would look better with polar pro’s? I think that neewer are giving that very , very slight foggy effect in the background. I wasn’t noticing it when i was flying without those in auto settings. Polar pro’s are very expensive compared to others so i don’t want to waste my money really if not necessary. Any advice would be apreciated. Thanks

I am curious about that as well. I have read a lot of reviews on different filter and there is no clear choice. I had a credit at Amazon so I ordered a Polar Pro nd32 filter because I fly a lot in really bright light. I tried it, and it works really well, but yes it was expensive and I probably would not have gotten a single filter except for the fact that I had a credit.

I can't speak to the specifics about the two brands, but hopefully this will offer some insight. On DSLRs and other demanding cameras, cheapo filters will cause some inconsistent colors, impact ability to focus, and possibly degrade clarity. The glass on good camera lenses are precisely engineered and crafted to allow light to land exactly as-intended on the image sensor.

Our Mavic Pros and Airs obviously don't have the same size sensor nor the quality of glass as a high-end DSLR kit. But still, the way light travels through the lens to the sensor is the most important part of producing a good image.

Have you ever tried on a pair of cheapie drugstore sunglasses and compared them with a pair of higher end glasses like Rayban or Oakley or Maui Jim or whatever? You'll instantly see the difference between bad/good glass.

I'm not saying Neewer is bad (I have some of their equipment, especially speedlights, in my photography bag and am happy) or PolarPro is good (I have F-Stop Labs filters and find them good for my use.). But generally, you get what you pay for.

I have both, I splurged for pp 16 32 and 64, neewer fits like **** but I rarely use 4 8 and UV. Picture quality is the same but don’t try to clean the inside of neewer lens

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin