DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro Cinema Series still problematic to gimbal?

I have had Gimbal calibration errors with my filters (order # 2299932922). Cinema vivid collection. I was hoping this would not be the case as I thought they re-engineered these before my purchase in early February. I figured I might live with it (install after calibration) but I noticed mine do have the ridges, and the latest photos at PolarPro do not. Did I get the old design by any chance?

The ones on the left are the earlier versions. The ones on the right are the new versions.
The new ones are noticeably thinner.20170601_093948.jpg

And I guess these are newer still?....the calibration errors remain with the set I got in February...
Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 4.42.47 PM.png

They look thin enough to clear the gimbal frame. Are you sure you are pushing them all the way onto the lens? Can you freely move the gimbal with filter attached without it contacting the frame with the power off? If you try this then you will know if it's a physical interference issue or not.

Have been using these filters for about 2 months now. No issues whatsoever and love these things.

I have had Gimbal calibration errors with my filters (order # 2299932922). Cinema vivid collection. I was hoping this would not be the case as I thought they re-engineered these before my purchase in early February. I figured I might live with it (install after calibration) but I noticed mine do have the ridges, and the latest photos at PolarPro do not. Did I get the old design by any chance?

If you are having any trouble, please reach out to our support team, we are happy to help get your issue solved :) [email protected]

-Jeff from PolarPro

I have been experiencing gimbal issues also it started after upgrading to .7oo FW, I have noticed there was more L/R travel with the camera the was causing the filter to bind between the camera and gimbal frame when traveling to the right .
I believe the cause of the increased Travel was due to an automatic software upgrade to the GO4 app , I say this because the goggles were introduced and the goggles do let you control the full L/R direction of the camera with head tracking while before there was very little with the controller, you can always put the lens on after the Mavic startup , that's what I do --- by the way if your not happy with that ...., Polar Pro has excellent customer support and straighten you out

I have been experiencing gimbal issues also it started after upgrading to .7oo FW, I have noticed there was more L/R travel with the camera the was causing the filter to bind between the camera and gimbal frame when traveling to the right .
I believe the cause of the increased Travel was due to an automatic software upgrade to the GO4 app , I say this because the goggles were introduced and the goggles do let you control the full L/R direction of the camera with head tracking while before there was very little with the controller

There should not be any binding, no matter how far over the gimbal travels. If you are having issues, we would love to help you out: [email protected]
-Jeff from PolarPro

There should not be any binding, no matter how far over the gimbal travels. If you are having issues, we would love to help you out: [email protected]
-Jeff from PolarPro
Jeff I understand ...... I know you guys are there if I need ya's ...... Like I said its really not a big issue with me at all
It's just hitting by a hair "sometimes" it would bind just enough that it would get stuck to the right, that's how I caught it
I know if it was a bigger issue with me , You guy would make Good on it ...... Thank you for your concern

Jeff I understand ...... I know you guys are there if I need ya's ...... Like I said its really not a big issue with me at all
It's just hitting by a hair "sometimes" it would bind just enough that it would get stuck to the right, that's how I caught it
I know if it was a bigger issue with me , You guy would make Good on it ...... Thank you for your concern

Awesome! Well we are here for us if you ever want a replacement that filter with a set that does not bind at all :)
-Jeff

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
-Jeff from PolarPro
Jeff , Just so you know the lens I have are the Professional 6-Pack not like the ones you are showing on your site , mine that I bought from
you have the ridges around the lens . Theses are not the Cinema series ------ Sorry for the mix-up

My cinema series filters cause overload and gets stuck in the right pivot position about one out of every 6-8 flights. Very annoying and can't be good for the motor. It happens on startup. I shut down and restart and most of the time it fixes the problem but the tolerances are too tight imho.

I have just under 400 flights with these filters and the problem started after 40-50 flights.

No issues with my cheaper coated filters.

fac078a2eba7d1b8b07df87bc41ec4c3.jpg

My cinema series filters cause overload and gets stuck in the right pivot position about one out of every 6-8 flights. Very annoying and can't be good for the motor. It happens on startup. I shut down and restart and most of the time it fixes the problem but the tolerances are too tight imho.

I have just under 400 flights with these filters and the problem started after 40-50 flights.

All you need to do is shoot our customer support team an email and we are more than happy to get you all dialed in with a set perfect for your specific camera :)
[email protected]
-Jeff from PolarPro

Jeff , Just so you know the lens I have are the Professional 6-Pack not like the ones you are showing on your site , mine that I bought from
you have the ridges around the lens . Theses are not the Cinema series ------ Sorry for the mix-up
They all should pass through perfectly, if they are not, we are more than happy to get you a better fitting set specific to your camera. We are just an email away if you want us to get you all dialed in :)
-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
Jefffrom PP sorted me out with a set of Mavic Professional Filters. Work PERFECTLY! Expensive, but worth it. Thanks Jeff

...I am wondering...

I have, "Gimbal Mode - Follow", "Enable Synchronized Pan Follow" and "Enable Upwards Gimbal Tilt Limit" all enabled.

Could some or all of these modes allow for wider latitude movements during initialization and be the culprits?

I'll try to do rule these out with some testing.
I have found that Gimbal upward tilt causes knocking on start up to the point where the paint has rubbed off on the rim of the cinema series filter. disabled the upward tilt and the gimbal initialization is now fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aodgizmo