DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro Filters Which Set?

harleymhs

Reactions
Hey Guys, Looking for a set of filters for my Mavic 2 Pro.. Thinking of the Vivid or Shutter collection.. Now sure which ones to get.. I want to get some nice sunsets with NO GLARE .. The vivid collections looks like the shutter collection.. But they have the Polar Ring.. I heard they are a pain to adjust when on the camera... Any thoughts? thanks!

Hey Guys, Looking for a set of filters for my Mavic 2 Pro.. Thinking of the Vivid or Shutter collection.. Now sure which ones to get.. I want to get some nice sunsets with NO GLARE .. The vivid collections looks like the shutter collection.. But they have the Polar Ring.. I heard they are a pain to adjust when on the camera... Any thoughts? thanks!
Check out polar pro’s gradient set. Real nice for sunsets/sunrises and landscapes in general.

I have been interested in photography on and off for over 40 years, but am new to drones. I recently agonised over the filter question and ended up purchasing a custom set from PolarPro for my M2P.

I bought ND 4, 16, and 64 for video, along with a CP for photos. I skipped a stop with the NDs, I figured it's not a big issue to go up or down one stop on the aperture from the 5.6 "sweet spot" for video. It is very bright where I live, hence the 64. I do like polarisers, but from what I've read they can be difficult to use on drones when panning, but sometime in the future I may get some ND/P filters, as well as gradient filters.

So that was my "starting" set, which may be filled out in future. The problem with spending too much money is that these filters are quite drone specific, and if you upgrade your drone you may not be able to use your old filters.

EDIT: Just found this great thread;

ND Filters for video - Don't Waste Money on Bundled Packages

The best aperture is actually 2.8 - 4.0.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert