DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro gimbal protector pressure

Thomas Fields

Reactions
I purchased the PolarPro gimbal protector for my Mavic 2 Zoom. The construction and ease of installation are great. My concern is that it seems to put pressure on the gimbal. Should this be a concern?
Thanks for your feedback.

Reactions: Former Member
There is a thread on the topic here PolarPro gimbal lock for Mavic 2

I just received mine and so far the plastic bubble that came with my MP2 is much easier to put on. The issue I have (besides the loud locking/unlocking sound from the clip) is getting the camera to slide into the protector easily. Do you have any tricks? I have to place the AC on my lap, use 1 hand to hold the camera, and the other hand to slide the cover on. It's a solid tight fit once I get in on correct, but seems like it should be an easier "slide on with 1 hand" job much like the plastic bubble from DJI.

Reactions: Former Member
Stretch on gimbal supports is less than 1mm. I love my PP gimbal cover. The other thread referenced above has a video of it demonstrating this. The PP is much easier for me to use that OEM.

I’m very happy with me PolarPro gimbal cover for my Mavic 2 Pro. After a couple of uses it’s now very easy to attach. I had another non-DJI cover and the front pieces broke after 2 flights. No probs with the PolarPro cover after dozens of flights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesseLaw