DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro phone mount

I received my PolarPro phone mount today, it is high quality, and it fits like a glove.

The angle of the mount is superior to the phone lying flat on the RC.

The Phone screen is much more visible in bright overhead sun, and all of the telemetry on the Mavic Remote control is visible as wellPolarPro_DJI_Mavic_Remote_Phone_Mount_1024x1024.jpg 41UInvG-JcL._SL1000_.jpg

The mount does not come anywhere near the sticks, and the angle and movement of the antenna is not affected at all.

If you use the USB on the bottom of the RC, you can still close the wings, or leave them open
I purchase an 8 inch cable that replaces the short USB cable that comes installed in the Mavic

If you use the large USB port on the bottom of the controller, you MUST unplug or remove the short one, on the left wing, or the large USB bottom port will not be active.

Only ONE input can be active, at a time, and the one in the left side of the controller has priority if it is left plugged in

Today I used it for the first time, and was able to enjoy the screen.

As a test, I tilted the phone to lie flat, like it's old normal orientation when mounted to the RC, and it was terrible, I would have had a hard time flying, if I didn't have my new Phone Mount

Overall I really like this mount, however, the balance of the controller is changed, and the RC feels awkward at first, but soon the controller feels good in your hands, just different, like when I flew my
Phantom 3 and swapped out my phone for an Ipad, if felt different , but soon felt right.

Reactions: DSI
This looks good and small too when folded.
Can you adjust the antenna angle and Should it be 90' to get better signals?? I thought the antenna flat area that transmitting frequency.. This looks it facing down

Reactions: JimPickett
This looks good and small too when folded.
Can you adjust the antenna angle and Should it be 90' to get better signals?? I thought the antenna flat area that transmitting frequency.. This looks it facing down

It's not facing down. The antenna is about 70' and it didn't affect the signal.

I received my PolarPro phone mount today, it is high quality, and it fits like a glove.

The angle of the mount is superior to the phone lying flat on the RC.

The Phone screen is much more visible in bright overhead sun, and all of the telemetry on the Mavic Remote control is visible as wellView attachment 17689 View attachment 17690

The mount does not come anywhere near the sticks, and the angle and movement of the antenna is not affected at all.

If you use the USB on the bottom of the RC, you can still close the wings, or leave them open
I purchase an 8 inch cable that replaces the short USB cable that comes installed in the Mavic

If you use the large USB port on the bottom of the controller, you MUST unplug or remove the short one, on the left wing, or the large USB bottom port will not be active.

Only ONE input can be active, at a time, and the one in the left side of the controller has priority if it is left plugged in

Today I used it for the first time, and was able to enjoy the screen.

As a test, I tilted the phone to lie flat, like it's old normal orientation when mounted to the RC, and it was terrible, I would have had a hard time flying, if I didn't have my new Phone Mount

Overall I really like this mount, however, the balance of the controller is changed, and the RC feels awkward at first, but soon the controller feels good in your hands, just different, like when I flew my
Phantom 3 and swapped out my phone for an Ipad, if felt different , but soon felt right.

Thanks for the great feedback ! Can't wait to receive mine !!

When using the Polar Pro phone mount, you hold the controller at the same angle as before, only your phone screen is angled differently.
The antenna are at the same angle as before, with no loss of transmission.

Does anyone tried to attach a lanyard somewhere....and get a good RC balance?

Does anyone tried to attach a lanyard somewhere....and get a good RC balance?

No sorry haven't tried with a lanyard yet. Actually I haven't used the lanyard before.

Ok thanks. I've ordered this phone mount.
A big advantage for me is that it seems much easier to get access to the screen with that solution. There is much more room fot the fingers to manoeuvre compared to the other solutions where the phone/tablet is almost in concact with the body. Moreover if a sunshade is mounted.

Ok thanks. I've ordered this phone mount.
A big advantage for me is that it seems much easier to get access to the screen with that solution. There is much more room fot the fingers to manoeuvre compared to the other solutions where the phone/tablet is almost in concact with the body. Moreover if a sunshade is mounted.
Hi are you talking about TDW V3 (thorsdroneworld) ?

No just talking in general. I mean having phone/tablet mount behind the RC versus a mount in front of the RC like most of the mounts.

So both the Polarpro and the TDW v3 mounts will bring us that easier access to the screen compared to any other solutions. For me it's really a plus

Last edited:
Reactions: DSI and scooot
IMG_0996.PNG I bought the polar pro phone mount and find it works extremely well.Since my purchase I have bought a iPad mini so I needed a mount for it as the polar pro one only opens to a maximum of 85mm.I have ordered the mount in picture and I am hoping it will screw on the polar pro mount and work successfully.I will report back when I receive it and try it out.

View attachment 17807 I bought the polar pro phone mount and find it works extremely well.Since my purchase I have bought a iPad mini so I needed a mount for it as the polar pro one only opens to a maximum of 85mm.I have ordered the mount in picture and I am hoping it will screw on the polar pro mount and work successfully.I will report back when I receive it and try it out.

Please report back. Thanks

Just received my polar mount and it fits very well ! I really like ! Cant wait to test for the next fly !!

IMG_6656.JPGIMG_6657.JPG

Reactions: scooot and DSI
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom