DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro phone mount

I received my PolarPro phone mount today, it is high quality, and it fits like a glove.

The angle of the mount is superior to the phone lying flat on the RC.

The Phone screen is much more visible in bright overhead sun, and all of the telemetry on the Mavic Remote control is visible as wellView attachment 17689 View attachment 17690

The mount does not come anywhere near the sticks, and the angle and movement of the antenna is not affected at all.

If you use the USB on the bottom of the RC, you can still close the wings, or leave them open
I purchase an 8 inch cable that replaces the short USB cable that comes installed in the Mavic

If you use the large USB port on the bottom of the controller, you MUST unplug or remove the short one, on the left wing, or the large USB bottom port will not be active.

Only ONE input can be active, at a time, and the one in the left side of the controller has priority if it is left plugged in

Today I used it for the first time, and was able to enjoy the screen.

As a test, I tilted the phone to lie flat, like it's old normal orientation when mounted to the RC, and it was terrible, I would have had a hard time flying, if I didn't have my new Phone Mount

Overall I really like this mount, however, the balance of the controller is changed, and the RC feels awkward at first, but soon the controller feels good in your hands, just different, like when I flew my
Phantom 3 and swapped out my phone for an Ipad, if felt different , but soon felt right.

Hi can you share links to these items please. I have to order online. Thanks

View attachment 17807 I bought the polar pro phone mount and find it works extremely well.Since my purchase I have bought a iPad mini so I needed a mount for it as the polar pro one only opens to a maximum of 85mm.I have ordered the mount in picture and I am hoping it will screw on the polar pro mount and work successfully.I will report back when I receive it and try it out.

Hi! Did you received it ?

Btw do u have the link pls ?

Ok thanks for the link ! Hopefully it can adapt with the polar Pro that we have !

IMG_1023.JPG IMG_1024.JPG Ok here goes.
I have now received the above item I ordered to hopefully attach to my polar pro mount to allow the use of my iPad mini.
The mount screws onto the polar pro mount with no issues as the threads match exact.
The iPad fits and is held very securely by the foam padded hooks and is then locked with a turn of a knob on the back.
Now for the poor bits.
It holds the tablet in a upright position a seen in the photos and the angle can't be changed.(This might be ok for some users but I would like the tablet angled back over).
I would say that it would feel too top heavy with anything bigger that a iPad mini.
I am going to do some diy adustmants and see if I can come up with a workable solution.If I can I will report back.

The phone mount has been great..shot this today..
58e60f6b410e8c9baf9152403502a4a4.jpg

Reactions: scooot
IMG_1025.JPG IMG_1026.JPG IMG_1027.JPG IMG_1028.JPG IMG_1029.JPG I have done some diy mods and there is definitely some improvement with regard to the angle the tablet sits.
This one has been scrapped,scratched and could of been finished a lot better.I just quickly modded it to see if it would work.I wish I had took pictures of the process but unfortunately didn't.
At this stage hopefully the pictures when finished will show it can be modified and used in conjunction with the polar pro mount as a cheap alternative.I have ordered a couple from china to mess about with as they are only about £2.50 each.
I will mod another one with pics of the process and report back.It will be a while before I receive them.

Last edited:
Reactions: DSI
Thanks man !! I think if I purchase the iPad mini 4, i will buy the one from Thor Drone. I think the position is too upright.... and can't be change....

This one Mavic Mount | Thor's Drone World

I also really like this mount and definitely fancy one of theese.The cost delivered in the uk is about £50 that why I thought I would try to get the one I bought to work with my existing polar pro mount.

Good job scooot !

Will look for the delivery cost for Switzerland ! I think the guy doing those mount is in the forum !!

o_O:rolleyes:
Sorry for the delay. Haven't tried it outdoors as the weather has not permitted. But will post some pictures of my iPhone 7 plus attached to it. Don't mind the pink panther sleeping behind on my daughter's bed.
nice stuff! and also i like your big pink panther :D

i thinking to buy a phone holder like yours. what do you think it is working with sony xperia z5?

Hi, got my polarpro phone mount today, I like it :) I like position and angle of view, especially with the sunshade. And it's easy to access to the home button. But I'm a little in trouble with the cable, because you have it in your fingers.
I think that should be better with an 90° lightning cable, or find a way to keep it in place.

And some pictures
IMG_0253.JPG IMG_0256.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0257.JPG
    IMG_0257.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Reactions: rm3kus
This is a better set up for visibility without direct sun light. If you have a hood like me you'll need alternative shade options.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife