DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Funded By Kevin Durant, Founded By Ex-Google Engineers: Meet The Drone Startup Scoring Millions In Government Surveillance Contracts

This story pertains to a DJI competitor, but I think is interesting and relevant here, now:
Interesting.
One particularly pertinent point in that article might explain the recent reports from one particular congressman recycling old (exaggerated and dubious) stories about how "evil" DJI is.
Forbes found records of recent Skydio lobbying efforts, after it handed $30,000 this year to lobbying firm Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck.
In return, the firm has been talking with Senators and Representatives, as well as the Executive Office of the President, about unspecified “issues related to supply chain/national security.”

That's one way to compete.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hauptmann
Due to the nature of the article link posted,,
Going to put this thread on hold until further notice.
Threads like these can get out of control and bring out political bias...

UPDATED.

Ok, going to let this one run, however the first sign of any political comments, will shut the thread down.?

But have there been any updates within the past year? Camera capabilities, Pricing, improvements within the various controllers?
You should read some in that forum. They seem to be having some issues with returning them and having them worked on when they crash but is about like it is here with DJI.They also are or were having some issues with them getting them but with this virus going on that understandable. Hopefully all will get back as it should if we are lucky.

Lots of cases of huge amounts of money being spent on the come so to speak. Why is the top photo in the article a Mavic Air 2 or a dead ringer for one?
I hadn't watched a car chase in a really long time. We have them all the time in Los Angeles..I was amazed at the camera work I watched a couple of days ago. It tracked very closely a car that was maneuvering in city streets and making many turns under trees etc. The car stayed centered in the frame the entire time it seemed to me...It far surpassed what I've seen done with drones.

Interesting. I'd like to see Skydio (or any US company) give DJI a run for its money. Don't get me wrong--I love DJI drones. Owned 4 so far. I'd like to see the state-of-the-art progress, as well as some price competition.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Forbes found records of recent Skydio lobbying efforts, after it handed $30,000 this year to lobbying firm Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck.
$30K will give you maybe 2 hours of lobby work.

Lots of cases of huge amounts of money being spent on the come so to speak. Why is the top photo in the article a Mavic Air 2 or a dead ringer for one?
I hadn't watched a car chase in a really long time. We have them all the time in Los Angeles..I was amazed at the camera work I watched a couple of days ago. It tracked very closely a car that was maneuvering in city streets and making many turns under trees etc. The car stayed centered in the frame the entire time it seemed to me...It far surpassed what I've seen done with drones.
It's a badly-written article, laden with tendentious, partisan cant. The author apparently doesn't even know the difference between the US Marshall Islands and the US Marshal's Service. It's too much to ask that he use a picture of the correct drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan