• 51-60

Votes: 183 23.1%
  • 61-70

Votes: 221 27.9%
  • 71-80

Votes: 79 10.0%
  • 81-90

Votes: 8 1.0%
  • 91+ (Congrats! Please say your age in a post!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Seems the drone hobby/profession has many different age groups involved. So I thought it might be fun to see the various ages of everyone.

I just turned (it's painful to say this!) 60! My mortality is rapidly coming into focus. Not a good feeling.

Hi, I am 75 and I get happier each year - I have some aches and pains but they do not stop me doing the things want to do.
I have just bought myself a couple more new toys (in addition to my magnificent MPP) a 5 ltr Range Rover Autobiography and a 300kph Supercharged 5 ltr Jaguar F Type convertible - so I have no time available to feel sorry for myself

64 here... been into RC toys for a very long time. Started out flying heli's. I have had almost every make and size of heli out there. I am down to just two Goblin 700's now. You want to cry about losing a Mavic Pro? ...try crashing a $2500 heli ;p - I started into drones many many years back when DJI made nothing but the Naza FC. I was not a big fan of the Naza FC's in the beginning. It is however amazing how far DJI has come now. The Mavic Pro is simply the best thing I have ever seen in drones from my view point for just having fun and getting amazing video. I feel things can only get better from here, and no, I will never grow up lol!

Reactions: JMMY and Greenflash
39 and I'm very happy to see many people form 70!!! great, a lot of time to continue this beautiful hobby

Seems the drone hobby/profession has many different age groups involved. So I thought it might be fun to see the various ages of everyone.

I just turned (it's painful to say this!) 60! My mortality is rapidly coming into focus. Not a good feeling.
Who else can afford this hobby?

Even though these poll results are limited to those who saw the poll and cast a vote, the age stratification is clearly 50+. If the general public knew that the hobby was chiefly grandpa coming out of the wood shop, would they be so concerned? It seems less likely the older age groups are going to take threatening chances, or risk damaging somebody' property. Although, this age group did buy Born to be Wild records.

Even though these poll results are limited to those who saw the poll and cast a vote, the age stratification is clearly 50+. If the general public knew that the hobby was chiefly grandpa coming out of the wood shop, would they be so concerned? It seems less likely the older age groups are going to take threatening chances, or risk damaging somebody' property. Although, this age group did buy Born to be Wild records.
And went the who concerts

Photography has been my hobby for as long as I can remember. The drone, initially, was just a means of getting a camera into the air but the flying element adds a lot of fun to the equation.

Reactions: MurMan and TrayBoz
72+ still flying P3S and MP. Just remembering what to fly next is the problem but prefer MP for features

Reactions: TrayBoz
I'm glad someone came up with this poll, because I've been wondering for some time about the demographics. I'll be 74 in a couple of months. I guess this is a hobby that we can't afford until we get the house paid off and the grandchildren through college.

I'm glad someone came up with this poll, because I've been wondering for some time about the demographics. I'll be 74 in a couple of months. I guess this is a hobby that we can't afford until we get the house paid off and the grandchildren through college.
plus the spare time:)

Reactions: The Fat Controller
77 with a Mavic Pro, Inspire 1V2, P3P, and P4. I've been in Aviation since the 50s and have flown pretty much every full size Airplane and Helicopter that I've ever wanted to fly and now Drones which are much safer!

Reactions: Slat
I gues I am somewhere in the middle then with my 39 turning 40 in 2 weeks

I appear to be in the minority at 16. It's no wonder this is such an awesome forum, you guys have tons of experience and know-how in this hobby, I know I really appreciate all the help and info I have received and am sure others feel the same! -CF

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661