Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: IOS or Android?

Which operating system are you using?

• IOS

• Android

• I use both depending on how I feel

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have Galaxy S7 and iPad mini 4. Never had any problems with Galaxy S7 - Developer mode on / USB debugging on / USB Conf MTP.

I originally used the Galaxy S7, but DJI GO would typically crash and have to be restarted several times during each flight.
I switched to the iPad Mini 4 and have never had 1 problem (except overheating - see below). And after getting used to the larger screen size of the iPad Mini, now if I ever do try to use the S7 (if i don't have the iPad with me) then it is NO FUN with that tiny little phone screen.
Ipad mini all the way!

YES, the iPad Mini will overheat on a very hot day AND you have it in direct sunlight for very long (especially the black one). I've found that if I keep the controller angled so that the iPad is under the shade of the hood/sunshade, then it doesn't overheat. I use the DJI Sunshade that attaches to the RC antennas.

I've heard of people strapping a plastic "blue ice" pack to the back of the mini to keep it from overheating, and I'm sure this would work, but I haven't tried it. I'm sure that would add a lot of weight to the feel of the controller.

While I do all of my (Autopilot 4.2.160) flights with my iPad Pro 9.7, I've used the iPhone 6S Plus (with iOS11 beta 3) yesterday to shoot on my way back from Lagos to Benin. And actually, all went very well. No issues although I was locked in by buildings sometimes. I think it is even more reliable then my Inspire 2 (reception).
But DJI GO4 on my iPhone and Autopilot on my iPad works really really great. But Litchi sometimes still crashes (only use it for Panorama's until Autopilot works properly again) though

I use an older Sony Z Ultra phone which is a Snapdragon 800 based devie with a 6.4in screen. I did have some issues with it initially particularly after one of the DJI Go updates but since wiping the phone entirely and using it only for the Mavic, I've not had any issues in months and it's a good sized device for the Mavic.

John

Galaxy S7 edge here. Have had some connection problems. Not sure if it's because of my phone.

I've always been an android guy, swore I'd never own an Apple anything. I was having a lot of issues with my Samsung tablet, switched to an iPad mini 4 and it works great, not a single issue so far. DJI Go and Litchi are the only 2 apps I've added and it's only used to fly.

I've always been an android guy, swore I'd never own an Apple anything. I was having a lot of issues with my Samsung tablet, switched to an iPad mini 4 and it works great, not a single issue so far. DJI Go and Litchi are the only 2 apps I've added and it's only used to fly.
I won't tell on you if you don't tell on me. [emoji6]

Reactions: NCTurner
I'm picking up an Acer Iconia One (7") tablet. I've read a ton of good stories about this Android tablet working beautifully with the Mavic. Best part is you can get the newest model (B1-790) for $90.

I had an old galaxy s5 in the drawer pulled it out did a factory reset and only installed the dji go4 app. No issues so far. Knock on wood!

Reactions: MKAL
iOS - iPhone 7 PLUS - >>> I personally dislike Apples closed eco-system mentality, overpriced and overhyped Mac business - but having experience with numerous glitchy Android devices - no longer able to run a single new App because of OS upgrade caps (effectively becoming table coaster bricks) - I will never buy Android tab or phone devices again. From a tablet or phone performance, and scalable longevity perspective - IOS is where its at. Rock solid with the Mavic Pro.

Galaxy S5 and Nexus 7 here, both have worked more or less flawlessly, though it's annoying that on the Samsung you cannot have Litchi and Go4 installed or neither will work

I have an iPad, but it's an old version and I can't install the DJI GO app on it, so I've stuck with my Samsung S6 and have had no problems with it. I also have the Lenovo Yoga Book running android and I haven't had any problems with it either. On both the android devices I haven't had to turn off any other apps or features.

Does any one know if Litchi will work on the Lenovo Yoga Book, and if I purchase it do I have to buy it again if I want it on my other android device?

Back to the poll: never tried iOS, Android all the way

I have never tried Ipad Mini but there several thread about it overheating and shutting down is it true?

I'm using one with no problem. If it's hot out and it's in the sun, it's going to get hot but so does the Mavic!

Started out with s8 edge, way to many app crashes. Then got bright idea of using Samsung tab A..That was a joke, I did get it to connect after going threw the special start procedure. But too slow for me.

My reading lead me to a mini4, I ended up getting a mini 2 cellular because gf wants a ring.... Ughhh I'd rather buy a mini4....The mini 2 has no issues yet, not choppy yet, not one app crash, I am very pleased and more confident in the air!

My reading only recently lead me to litchi. Maybe in the future I will try litchi and the Samsung t-710!?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej