Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: IOS or Android?

Which operating system are you using?

• IOS

• Android

• I use both depending on how I feel

Results are only viewable after voting.
Actually it is funny to read. People run their devices dedicated to their Mavic. I have my iPad Pro for work. So it runs all apps I need. Just like my iPhone.

IOS all day have a few friends who have Android phones but have major problems so they purchased iPads now problem solved.

I have never used a android to fly. But I have a iPhone 7 and a iPad min 4 and like them both. No plans to change over anytime soon.

I am using iPad mini 4 with DJI Go and Galaxy S7 with Lichi.
Lichi VR is a reason why I keep Galaxy S7 (QHD OLED screen). I hope next iPhone screen will be VR capable too.

upload_2017-8-1_13-12-1-png.18536

Last edited:
Reactions: MavicMic
Using Huawei P9 lite, Android device, my normal phone with lots of stuff on it. Not a single glitch or problem ever. Never in airplane mode, or closing apps before i fly. Just a pleasure to be with Android :)

Reactions: JMD
Seems the old Samsung Galaxy S5 still have a lot of life left. I have yet to see one post that say it doesn't work with the Mavic/Go3 or 4. Mine ran flawlessly since December. I replaced it a couple of months ago with the iPad Mini4, but still use it when the sun is too bright for the Mini.

I've not used the DJI NO app since I purchased Litchi (first day I got my mavic. imagine that), so I don't have to deal with all the app crashes. Litchi runs great on both IOS and Android. I enjoy the portability of being able to put the iPad mini 4 into the controller... but it does not record the entire screen very well. It does "Cache" the video nicely, but you just don't get to see the entire screen that you see while flying the mavic i.e. height, speed, distance, etc.. I know you can do it within Litchi, but due to the hardware in the Mini you get screen lag and jitters.

If I have a need to record the entire screen (setting up for mission flight, etc), I use an Nvidia shield K1 . It has a built in App/service "Nvidia Share Service" that allows you to record the screen without any lag or issues... but then I have to carry around a mount for the tablet since it does not fit into the remote for the mavic.

I also have the Nvidia shield K1 and have been wanting to record my screen during long flights. Have been using the DU screen recorder app, but that app crashes when I make a video more than 10 mins long. So I'm looking for an alternative. You mentioned the built in App/service "Nvidia Share Service" allowing you to record the screen. I searched through the apps and online and can not locate that feature. Any guidance on how to get that happening?

This will be feature in iOS 11. There you can record your screen. I have the beta and that works fine. But now I can record the screen, I don't use it

I'm picking up an Acer Iconia One (7") tablet. I've read a ton of good stories about this Android tablet working beautifully with the Mavic. Best part is you can get the newest model (B1-790) for $90.

Well my Iconia One came in (only took two days). Hooked it up and it updated the firmware and made a connection to the Mavic with no issues. Can't fly yet (weather sucks) but will update after I do. Looks like it should be good to go. BWT, I think it's a perfect fit in the controller. It would NEVER fall out.

Last edited:
I also have the Nvidia shield K1 and have been wanting to record my screen during long flights. Have been using the DU screen recorder app, but that app crashes when I make a video more than 10 mins long. So I'm looking for an alternative. You mentioned the built in App/service "Nvidia Share Service" allowing you to record the screen. I searched through the apps and online and can not locate that feature. Any guidance on how to get that happening?
Sure.. From the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen to pull down menu. You should see an icon that looks like a camera and says "Share" next to it. on my K1 it is located just to the left of the location icon settings icon. Click on the camera. It will pull up another menu. Click on the "record" to start, and bring the menu back up to stop the recording. Let me know if you have any issues..

I only used an ipad 4. It was the best out of a bad lot for glare. When the Phantom 4 Pro plus came out I changed to that as the quality of the image is great. Dji need to have an option with all of their drones for a builtin screen

ISO it and DJI work well, with android I love but not for any of my quads any of them android hooked to my Mavic it took off no control straight up for 15 minutes still no control crapping my pants. android worked fine until the upgrade came out the one before goggles were released. sticking to ISO don't want to add to any to any issues the Mavic already has. just got mine back from Cal repair yesterday 2 week turnaround impressive

The issues with Android are a big part of why I'm a longtime member here but still haven't pulled the trigger on buying another DJI product, inc a Mavic. By no means sure I ever will.

I use an older Sony Z Ultra phone which is a Snapdragon 800 based devie with a 6.4in screen. I did have some issues with it initiall particularly after one of the DJI Go updates but since wiping the phone entirely and using it only for the Mavic, I've not had any issues in months and it's a good sized device for the Mavic.

John

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom