DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[Poll] The Homepoint has been updated, do you check it on the map?

When do you check the homepoint on the map?

• Total voters
as i do not use the auto flight modes and keep the drone in sight to the best of my ability
i prefer to have the Attitude indicator in my small display in the Fly App ,and in the GO4 App with my I Pad ,i get the attitude indicator in one corner, and the small map in the opposite corner at the same time for me the message confirmation that the home point is locked and the light on the drone confirming this is enough for me to take off
Hi, I lost the part when it said "please check it on the map" do you know how to get it back ?

Thanks for your reply. What I need is to ear the complete frase "Home point is been updated, please check it on the map" but I don't know how to fix it. Thanks again

Thanks for your reply. What I need is to ear the complete frase "Home point is been updated, please check it on the map" but I don't know how to fix it. Thanks again
In the new versions of DJI Fly it only says "Homepoint Updated" and that's fine. They shortened it to make it more pleasant I guess, and it's a fine change to me.

Regarding the poll that started this thread, it would be interesting to ask a parallel question - "Have you ever encountered an improperly set homepoint?" - and see how the answers correlate to those for the original question.

My home point is on the main screen and I can see the physical location of my home point

Regarding the poll that started this thread, it would be interesting to ask a parallel question - "Have you ever encountered an improperly set homepoint?" - and see how the answers correlate to those for the original question.

I don't know about "improperly", but I did have an incorrect orientation on the map once - the location was correct, but the orientation of the drone was off. I restarted and all was good.

I don't know about "improperly", but I did have an incorrect orientation on the map once - the location was correct, but the orientation of the drone was off. I restarted and all was good.
An incorrect drone orientation is definitely improper. That's what leads to the yaw error crashes we see reported here. You may well have averted a serious problem by catching the problem and restarting the drone.

An incorrect drone orientation is definitely improper. That's what leads to the yaw error crashes we see reported here. You may well have averted a serious problem by catching the problem and restarting the drone.

It is one of the many things I learned from this site in my attempt to learn how to avoid crashes after having two crashes. One was a total loss, the other flies but the gimbal is messed up. I've had zero issues with my third one (knock on wood). I've learned a great deal from this site.

Reactions: MS Coast
If you fly in area of city then is it important to check it on the map. I learned it with my P3S in hard curve. So i check it on both copters of my own.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife