DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[Poll] The Homepoint has been updated, do you check it on the map?

When do you check the homepoint on the map?

• Total voters
If you do everything right before/during take off, ALL dji drones, past and present*, should RTH within at most a few feet. My MPP has always landed within just a few inches.

* with the possible exception of the Phantom 1 and 2?

My Phantom 3 Pro will land on or very close to a 2x2' take off pad
Even better if you hover at 7m altitude for a couple of seconds. Then precision landing works.

Reactions: davidarmenb
Even better if you hover at 7m altitude for a couple of seconds. Then precision landing works.
That's part of what I meant when I said doing everything right before / during take off lol

Skwirl I have read that thread, I maintain that if you are routinely seeing RTH's with the inaccuracy you report there is something wrong with your drone. Or, perhaps, you are sending the drone away from the take off point BEFORE the drone has sufficient satellite lock to establish a home point and the drone is subsequently establishing a home point at some distance from the take off point.

to be perfectly honest, if you are stood 6ft away from the drone ,and wait till you get the take off message ,plus the green ok to fly at the top of the screen ,then you know exactly where the drone is ,if i tick the precision take off ,box on my MPP it always lands right on the mat ,the only indication i have on my map is the H and the arrow telling me which way i am flying and thats all i need to find my way home, for me that set of symbols is what the spoken voice is referring to when it says please check it on the map,because until a good sat lock has been established then those symbols do not appear ,and that is what it is asking you to check

I pay no direct attention, and don't need to.

Always checking telemetry constantly, I'd notice on takeoff if my distance was way off while I ascend to 20' to lock in a Precision Landing image.

The 20 or 30 ft away is normal for the mini 2. Actually that's pretty good. The mini 2 has +/- of 66ft I think it was.
It's in the manuel and on here in a thread. I questioned it a while back. My mini 2 almost landed in some nasty weeds using rth.
wow on that point alone I'd never buy a mini2, when I rth my air it lands within a few inches of where it took of from,

The 20 or 30 ft away is normal for the mini 2. Actually that's pretty good. The mini 2 has +/- of 66ft I think it was.
It's in the manuel and on here in a thread. I questioned it a while back. My mini 2 almost landed in some nasty weeds using rth.
I've never experienced RTH landing accuracy anywhere near that poor with the Mini 2.

I looked through the manual but found no mention of a landing accuracy figure. Can you locate it? Thanks.

Reactions: Yaros
I've never experienced RTH landing accuracy anywhere near that poor with the Mini 2.

I looked through the manual but found no mention of a landing accuracy figure. Can you locate it? Thanks.
I didn't see one either.
I did see hover accuracy listed in the specs and I think, using GOS alone, +-1.5m. That is in line with what I have seen when a Mini 2 'wandered' when hovering low down in a night time flight.
It would seem reasonable to me to expect the landing accuracy should be within twice that.

Rth behavior, yes that's it.
It's a 20 m circle around the hp.
Page 15 or 16 in the manuel.

When you takeoff with a DJI drone, you hear “The homepoint has been updated, please check it on the map”.
I'm wondering, how many people actually check it on the map?
Like most polls I come across the answer I want to give is not included. I prefer to always check but sometimes, even when I hear "The homepoint has been updated, please check it on the map” I fail to do so.

When I first got my drones I use to check it on the map. But after always finding it in the right spot on the map I stopped doing it. But I do wait to hear the notice or see it pop up on the screen

I wonder, should there be the option for a male voice, Battery Sergeant Major Williams comes to mind, can you imagine "you have crashed you idiot, oh dear, never mind" lol or James Earl Jones/Darth Vader breathing included.
Or a selectable voice ---Majel Barret or Orac (Blake's 7).
I remember having Mick Jager saying, "You got some letters" on AOL decades ago.

You only need to fly your drone hastily once, lose the connection, and realize that you suddenly have no idea where it is, and that it also doesn't know where home is, to learn to *always* make sure the home point is good before going anywhere!

Never had a problem in 8 years, don't check it.

That's not why I don’t check it. I developed the habit way back with the P3 of constantly checking telemetry. It's unconscious habit now. If, at takeoff the home point was off significantly, I'd be aware of it immediately seeing a erroneous distance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife