DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poor DJI support for Samsung?

TNRonin

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'm venting
I'm a bonafide noob at drones, and doing as much research and reading as possible before the purchase. I'm a little concerned by what I'm seeing as poor support from DJI both in the gathering of info, and info given by them. I'm looking to start with a mini 2 since it seems to strike a balance between cost, performance, and my stroke which directly impacts my ability.

I'm using the Samsung platform in both tablet (tab S6) and phone (S10) form so it's not like I'm using fringe electronics. Yet I'm reading that so far DJI isn't supporting the S20 which I hope to upgrade to in the near future. I read that and think ok I can use my tab 6. I dig and discover the DJI doesn't support (their words in their community forum), yet some people say it works, and some say no. My luck is it won't work.

I'm venting here so bear with me, and don't take it personal like on the other thread I read singing DJI support.

Can anyone on here confirm (or deny) that the tab S6 will work with the mini 2? I've been impressed by the knowledge base of the members, so I'm hoping to discover my path.

Last edited:
I'm venting
I'm a bonafide noob at drones, and doing as much research and reading as possible before the purchase. I'm a little concerned by what I'm seeing as poor support from DJI both in the gathering of info, and info given by them. I'm looking to start with a mini 2 since it seems to strike a balance between cost, performance, and my stroke which directly impacts my ability.

I'm using the Samsung platform in both tablet (tab S6) and phone (S10) form so it's not like I'm using fringe electronics. Yet I'm reading that so far DJI isn't supporting the S20 which I hope to upgrade to in the near future. I read that and think ok I can use my tab 6. I dig and discover the DJI doesn't support (their words in their community forum), yet some people say it works, and some say no. My luck is it won't work.

I'm venting here so bear with me, and don't take it personal like on the other thread I read singing DJI support.

Can anyone on here confirm (or deny) that the tab S6 will work with the mini 2? I've been impressed by the knowledge base of the members, so I'm hoping to discover my path.
You may need to use an older version of FlyApp - like 1.4.2. The newer versions are excluding many older phones / tablets, so finding an earlier 1.4.x version and installing it should work.

Android / Samsung is not always what it seems - the Apple crowd also have several issues with slightly older iPads and phones as well.

DJI makes a list of phones / tablets they support. Find one of those and you'll be fine. Others "may" work, but not guaranteed. We all battle the FlyApp / phone / tablet issue, so it's not just you. It's only getting worse for older phones / tablets with the newer FlyApp version in the late 1.4.8 / 1.5.x category as well.

I'm venting

I use a Samsung Galaxy S20 Note with my Mini-2s, and it works great.

I've seen some comments that it doesn't work with the S20 Ultra, but I don't have one, so I don't know.

I also saw something that said that all S20s are not created equal. there are two processor variants. One processor works, and the other doesn't. I seem to remember that it's the non-US version of the S20 that doesn't work, but it's a pretty dim memory.

The US S20 Note works great.

Hope that helps...

TCS

Reactions: TNRonin
There's a useful list here which has user comments and vote to give feedback on the devices:

It's DJI Go I use rather than fly but my main device for some time now has been a Galaxy Tab S3 which works perfectly with it and also used a Galaxy Note 8 and 9 which worked well and tested with a Tab S7 as well which also worked.

I'm venting

I have the Samsung Tab S6 Lite 10.1" (Model SM-P610) tablet, OS: Android Ver 11 and dji Fly App ver 1.5.1 without any issues, Mini 2 and Air 2.

I have a Samsung S9, which just dropped off the list so I'm stuck @ 1.4.12. I'll have to decide if/when I'll upgrade.

I use a Samsung Galaxy S20 Note with my Mini-2s, and it works great.

I've seen some comments that it doesn't work with the S20 Ultra, but I don't have one, so I don't know.

I also saw something that said that all S20s are not created equal. there are two processor variants. One processor works, and the other doesn't. I seem to remember that it's the non-US version of the S20 that doesn't work, but it's a pretty dim memory.

The US S20 Note works great.

Hope that helps...

TCS
I am in the uk and my s20 works fine....just saying

Reactions: TNRonin
I'm using a Galaxy S20FE running Android 11 and DJI 1.5.1 and have zero issues with the app. I can't recall any real issues with this setup and previous versions of DJI Fly either.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98