DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poor signal strength after battery replacement

Rabber

Reactions
A. Flew 20 minute 6 mile round trip with no problems. (Mavic 2) Screenshots attached
B, replaced battery for another flight.
C. next flight poor signal strength and drone performance 10 yards from transmitter.
D. Power down everything and restart to same problem.
E. iPhone was very warm...very hot day
E. 2 hours later everything fine

How do I download the log file and view flight detail?

Thanks for your help
Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 1.35.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-14 at 1.35.23 PM.png

Last edited:
Highly suspect that your actual signal strength (Controller) was fine, but your down feed/telemetry was suspect. So pointing directly at your iPhone, which are all known to throttle/shutoff at ambient temp 95 degrees Fahrenheit or there about. That is just OS only level with low processor, not running any app much like DJI has...iPhones just hate heat unfortunately. A small (Six pack) cooler and a ziplock bag for the phone is your best bet between flights...a little pause for the cause :)

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Highly suspect that your actual signal strength (Controller) was fine, but your down feed/telemetry was suspect. So pointing directly at your iPhone, which are all known to throttle/shutoff at ambient temp 95 degrees Fahrenheit or there about. That is just OS only level with low processor, not running any app much like DJI has...iPhones just hate heat unfortunately. A small (Six pack) cooler and a ziplock bag for the phone is your best bet between flights...a little pause for the cause :)
That explains why after a good flight I left the drone / phone (with controller) in the sun and the screen froze but the drone was responding

That explains why after a good flight I left the drone / phone (with controller) in the sun and the screen froze but the drone was responding
Yep, well known issue for most that have been flying for a bit...especially Apple owners...I finally jumped ship with Apple and got a Smart Controller....now I have internal fan and it loves bright sunlight. ;) With a bit of doing you can put a cooling system on the back of Apples...A gel pack on the back does wonders :) Also a can of compressed air inverted to freeze the back (Don't do that on screen).

Yep, well known issue for most that have been flying for a bit...especially Apple owners...I finally jumped ship with Apple and got a Smart Controller....now I have internal fan and it loves bright sunlight. ;) With a bit of doing you can put a cooling system on the back of Apples...A gel pack on the back does wonders :) Also a can of compressed air inverted to freeze the back (Don't do that on screen).
I am now using an old Huawei p20 Pro that was laying around at home. I am seriously considering a smart controller ..although rumours have started about a new one

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU