DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Port of Singapore

MPone

Reactions

The Port of Singapore refers to the collective facilities and terminals that conduct maritime trade, and which handle Singapore's harbors and shipping. It is ranked as the top maritime capital of the world since 2015. Currently the world's second busiest port in terms of total shipping tonnage, it also transships a fifth of the world's shipping containers, half of the world's annual supply of crude oil, and is the world's busiest transshipment port. It was also the busiest port in terms of total cargo tonnage handled until 2005 when it was surpassed by the Port of Shanghai. Thousands of ships drop anchor in the harbor, connecting the port to over 600 other ports in 123 countries and spread over six continents.The Port of Singapore is not a mere economic boon, but an economic necessity because Singapore is lacking in land and natural resources. The Port is critical for importing natural resources, and then later re-exporting products after they have been refined and shaped in some manner, for example wafer fabrication or oil refining to generate revenue. The service industries such as hospitality services typical of a port of call restock the food and water supplies on ships. Ships pass between the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean through the Singapore Strait.

Were you tempted to fly to that huge motor yacht in the background at 1:10 ?
Some very interesting vessels you flew over, the open hull one at 1:55 for example.

I saw the Yacht on my return. But too bad my battery was running low that’s why I didn’t stop to circle film it.

I saw the Yacht on my return. But too bad my battery was running low that’s why I didn’t stop to circle film it.
Great work. Really enjoyed watching. WE are due to sail on a cruise ex Singapore next month - depending on the virus!!

Reactions: MPone
I find boats fascinating, nice video.

The boat in the background at 1:10 is the $300 million Motor Yacht A, I saw it off the coast in Thailand a few weeks ago. It’s impossible to miss once you’ve seen it.
The same owner has Sailboat A, Russian billionaire Andrey Melnichenko.

Nice flying!

Reactions: MPone
I find boats fascinating, nice video.

The boat in the background at 1:10 is the $300 million Motor Yacht A, I saw it off the coast in Thailand a few weeks ago. It’s impossible to miss once you’ve seen it.
The same owner has Sailboat A, Russian billionaire Andrey Melnichenko.

The yacht looks like radar proof too.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569