DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Portrait view on Mavic 3 pro

Greg Peter

Reactions
Hello,
On my old Mavic 1 and 2 pro I had the capability to use portrait view. Why has this feature been taken off from the Mavic 3 pro?

I used to create videos in portrait mode and now that I have upgraded to Mavic 3 it’s completely gone.

What can I do ?
Thanks
Greg 🙏

Hello,
On my old Mavic 1 and 2 pro I had the capability to use portrait view. Why has this feature been taken off from the Mavic 3 pro?

I used to create videos in portrait mode and now that I have upgraded to Mavic 3 it’s completely gone.

What can I do ?
Thanks
Greg 🙏
Nothing. The camera section is different because it has two cameras. So no portrait now.

Reactions: Greg Peter
What can you do? Crop to portrait during your post edit process.

Reactions: Greg Peter
Maybe I have some sort of rogue mini 3 pro, but I have had 3 of them and they all have a portrait mode. The button on the left side of the back of the controller activates and de-activates it.

I want to say providing a drone gimbal the capability (especially at the M43 sensor size) to rotate to shoot portrait mode would compromise the gimbal performance and overall flight performance but knowing DJI, they probably withhold it on the prosumer level drones because they want folks who own a Mavic 3 to also buy a Mini 3 just for the portrait mode. I only suspect this because I have several friends who own a Mavic 3 and also own a Mini 3 for this exact reason. DJI knows exactly what they're doing and it's pumping up their bottom line.

I want to say providing a drone gimbal the capability (especially at the M43 sensor size) to rotate to shoot portrait mode would compromise the gimbal performance and overall flight performance but knowing DJI, they probably withhold it on the prosumer level drones because they want folks who own a Mavic 3 to also buy a Mini 3 just for the portrait mode. I only suspect this because I have several friends who own a Mavic 3 and also own a Mini 3 for this exact reason. DJI knows exactly what they're doing and it's pumping up their bottom line.
Yeah but the mini 3 pro is cheaper than most conventional camera lenses and the quieter of all the DJI drones.

No doubt that vertical gimbal is a killer feature on the Mini 3 Pro, but there is more to the drone than just that. It's a no brainer tool for me since I can easily tuck it, a couple batteries and the controller into the camera bag with other non-drone tools when on jobs that may or may not require or benefit from the use of a drone.

I recently took it on an advertising gig in Miami and used it a ton, the files after running them through DXO were superb.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan