DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Portugal

sure it is - i asked military permission and asked ICNF for a side location near Cabo da Roca that i though isn't a probelmatic location but ok - natural reserve and forest have specific rules to be respected.
Can you help me with a few location(s) to place on the aan request form for filming authorisation? i don't really know where i could ask in lisboa, all good places seems to be no fly zone on Voa na boa .. what did you ask on that form? you aid "They gave me a list with GPS coordinates where I could fly"... could i get those?

Last edited:
I draw a large polygon in Lissabon and put those coordinates in the form. It was too large, so they said around Belem, Jorge, Parque das Nações, Jardim da Graça and more. But it is not for me to decide where you have permission. Also the license was for specific dates only in my holiday.

When I send the form, didn’t got an answer. So I’ve emailed again and then they replied.

thanks for the reply, i also requested for specific days/hours.. limited circles at limited altitude.

because now i asked like you said for advisies, they reply with standard answer : To reply to questions is better to visit the following address:Código Drone and the download (“Regulamento RPA_ver_5.0.kmz”). There you can find all the prohibited and restricted areas in Portugal... .will request all thos specific parks in very limited ranges

Yeah, I have seen those. I didn’t fly in the red and orange areas. There will be a new European law for all the countries. Maybe that’s why they point you to the more general rules now.
Maybe the iOS app Voa Na Boa will help?

So Sintra is off the charts! Although its in the green fly zone on the DJi fly zone website!
Any suggestions! What about the beaches to the west of Lisbon!
Thanks

I just came back from Lissabon. Just hours before I left to Portugal, I got an answer from AAN. They gave me a list with GPS coordinates where I could fly. Most touristic places in Lissabon in city!! (12 places I got) Height max 30meters and radius from 30m to 250m. Sometimes the police was standing not far away, but they didn’t do anything. I even talked the one and he said it is ok: you need to have the license. I kept away from flying above groups of people.

Great fun and beautiful pictures.

Where in Lisbon did you get to film?

BTW, it appears drones having cameras have to be registered, whether you plan to film or not.

This map shows most of the big cities are off limits, particularly Lisbon, perhaps because of the airport nearby?

Código Drone

It would be cool if you could take off and land near the river and if you have to fly out over the water and only over the water, it would be worth it. But I would imagine besides planes which may approach Lisbon International airport, there would be a lot of helicopters around over pretty much the entire city surroundings.

Yeah also bummed that that map seems to have special zones over Sintra and Caiscais.

I'm actually looking at either Spain or Portugal for next April. Seems like Spain doesn't have this extra requirement for getting permission so it would be more peace of mind to film there. But they don't have that Algarve coast line.

Where in Lisbon did you get to film?

BTW, it appears drones having cameras have to be registered, whether you plan to film or not.

This map shows most of the big cities are off limits, particularly Lisbon, perhaps because of the airport nearby?

Código Drone

It would be cool if you could take off and land near the river and if you have to fly out over the water and only over the water, it would be worth it. But I would imagine besides planes which may approach Lisbon International airport, there would be a lot of helicopters around over pretty much the entire city surroundings.

Yeah also bummed that that map seems to have special zones over Sintra and Caiscais.

I'm actually looking at either Spain or Portugal for next April. Seems like Spain doesn't have this extra requirement for getting permission so it would be more peace of mind to film there. But they don't have that Algarve coast line.

Yes your Drone must registered. Apply at AAN. They give my gps coords in Lisboa city where I can fly. Once I had a police officer standing next to me saying that if I had a permit, I can fly. ;-)

Don't go close to the airport! Stay like 5km away.

I didn't get the latest updates but in 2020 there will be one set rules in Europe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803