DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please clarify 120m height restriction when outside the EU

I am in the UK. Aircraft is firmware 01.00.0310, RC Firmware is 02.00.500. When there is no GPS signal it is maxed out at 500. If there is a signal it can only fly 120m irrespective of whether the slider said 500 or not.
I did a test with my new Mini 4 this morning, in fact, it's the first time it's been in the air - I drove out to a car park by a kids playground and made a quick flight. Once the drone had GPS lock, I went into the settings and set the maximum altitude to 140m, then I took off, did the basic checks, landed, took off again, flew up to 11m and hovered there for a few moments. I then raised the drone up to 38m and flew forwards until I was over a field.

From there, I went straight up, passed 120m, had the warning and continued flying to the ceiling I'd set of 140m. Flew straight back down again and then reset the maximum to 120m. I won't be doing this again, it was purely to test and demonstrate the behaviour of a newly bought Mini 4 in the UK.

If anyone doubts it, I can share a video but I'm not posting it publicly.

I'm running the most recent firmware on the controller and drone and I am in the UK.

My question is answered. I have a very steep hill almost a cliff, 300 meters from my house where I will be flying. Checked a topo survey map to see the actual elevation change, 1600 ft to 2080 ft.

I am still in the decision process, but it looks like a Mini 4 pro will work.

Thanks again.

Bill

Last edited:
I know what the regulations say about 400 feet AGL. Not necessary for you to remind me, I've know it for years...literally. You're a smart guy, clearly you didn't honestly believe that anyone thought the flyer gets to set his own AGL and legally fly there as long as it is "reasonable", c'mon.

It wasn't for you, it was for others reading, maybe new and far less experienced than you, that might be confused by your statement.

Last edited:
Hi. I purchased a DJI Mini Pro 4 this week. It is limited to 120m flight height. I am in the UK.
Out of interest, where did you buy it from? It makes no sense that the one you bought in the UK this week won’t go above 120m and yet the one I bought in the UK this week will go above 120m.

Out of interest, where did you buy it from? It makes no sense that the one you bought in the UK this week won’t go above 120m and yet the one I bought in the UK this week will go above 120m.
Thanks for testing it out. I don't know what's going on to be honest. Bought it from DJI | Hasselblad Experience Store in Birmingham.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne