DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disabling the 120m on the Mini 4.

Then yes...Sure, you can do it, no problem.

Again. I cannot do it right now, because I am in US. The option is not available.

However, can I do it after the first of the year when I visit one of the EU countries where the limit is enacted?

Again. I cannot do it right now, because I am in US. The option is not available.

However, can I do it after the first of the year when I visit one of the EU countries where the limit is enacted?
Yes you can when you visit the EU in 2024 after the law goes into effect.

I guess I'm not sure why you are unsure. After reviewing the steps, can you point out which step you think you won't be able to accomplish when you make up your mind to do it in 2024 while you are in the EU on the ground...in country, not in the USA, not today? With the drone you purchased in the USA with the C0 sticker. That you take to Europe.... :p

Hi There.

I am a bit confused regarding the 120m rule that come into effect next year in EU.

I reside in US and bought a the Mini 4 Pro in US. The rule does not apply in US and I can fly up to 1600ft (where permitted). What happen if I want to take the drone on vacation in EU next year. Does the drone will automatically be limited to 120m?

If that the case, I know that there is a way to request to remove the limitation. However, after installing the latest firmware, I could not find that option (I currently have 1.00.0210 Aircraft Firmware and 2.00 RC Firmware). I really do not care about "C0" label since I fly Mini 4 Pro with the Plus batteries and it automatically increases the weight to more than 250g.
I fly in Belgium with the mini 4 pro and mavic 3. An A1/A3 license from the BCAA is required for the mavic 3 or mini 4 pro plus in Belgium. You must then limit the height of the mini to 120m. Higher obstacles are not allowed in Belgium without the exception of the owner of a higher obstacle. I'm still in discussion with DJI about their 120m limitation. The height restriction is the pilot's responsibility. If you want, I can send you some links from the BCAA with legislation in Belgium.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian