DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible problem

Johnny K

Reactions
Ok Mavic air 2 left rear motor seems to turn a lot easier then others by hand
Don’t feel that hesitation between magnets. Now when flying everything has been good but I do notice a droop on the left rear of drone.
Need opinion own other dji drones all ok even a Evo all ok just need some expert opinion.
Thanks Johnny

Ok Mavic air 2 left rear motor seems to turn a lot easier then others by hand
Don’t feel that hesitation between magnets. Now when flying everything has been good but I do notice a droop on the left rear of drone.
Need opinion own other dji drones all ok even a Evo all ok just need some expert opinion.
Thanks Johnny
Johnny,
I read somewhere in the forums that rotor speed can be viewed in the data logs. Maybe you can do a test run at hover and upload the data file in the crash and flyaway section. Someone may be able to tell you if they see something abnormal. Worth a shot but from what you have found I would be concerned to.

I can't see it flying correctly if a motor can't bring up an arm correctly. Bringing arms down/up is how the IMU has the drone maneuver.

Reactions: Charchar
Motor failure is the rarest of rare. My opinion is that you don't have a problem...but I'm curious..whats a droop? I'm not familiar with that flight characteristic..

Sorry by saying droop I can use another word when hovering it seams the drone is leaning downward to the left side.
Now I also put on extension legs.

I can't see it flying correctly if a motor can't bring up an arm correctly. Bringing arms down/up is how the IMU has the drone maneuver.
Heres how we maneuver.
I thought this is how we all maneuver.C77A4B62-10C7-4CAB-BF94-C08C693DEB8F_1_201_a.jpeg

Reactions: Otisangb
Let's fly,
That's a great diagram and very intuitive. What would happen to the pitch/roll (4th picture) if only one rotor was moving less than the other three. Would it be a slight down pitch in the direction of the slower moving rotor with aircraft moving in that direction? I really wish the OP would post a date file to see what's going on. I bet the guru's would be able to determine any rotor/imu/whatever issues there maybe or maybe everything is fine. I just find it odd that as reported one motor does not feel like the other three and at hovering (confirmed in post 7) that the aircraft is pitched in that direction. This would be at least a concern to me.

Sorry by saying droop I can use another word when hovering it seams the drone is leaning downward to the left side.
Now I also put on extension legs.

Was there a wind from that side?

I am sorry guys just got busy I do want to post what is needed.
Do I do it from ASSISTENCE app or elsewhere? I am useing a iPad mini 5 with all flights.i am also all Apple

Last edited:
Problem is solved my mistake a simple
Cal and imu solid as rock.
Had motors checked all is good I am just to freaky when something changes .
Thanks guys.

Reactions: Otisangb
Heres how we maneuver.

I thought this is how we all maneuver.View attachment 112898
If you're turning, yes an arm or two would have to be dropped by IMU by way of lowering RPM. But I assumed OP meant he saw an arm droop while hovering. If an arm did abnormally droop, it would not stay steady in hover. It instead would likely fly in the direction of the droop.

I am sorry guys just got busy I do want to post what is needed.
Do I do it from ASSISTENCE app or elsewhere? I am useing a iPad mini 5 with all flights.i am also all Apple
You would get the files from the Android or iOS you flew with. There's a topic on how to obtain, process and post these logs.

The AC also has logs, which you would use Assistant in obtaining, but since Air, they are encrypted and not usable by anyone but DJI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks