DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible remote/app bug

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I found a couple bugs with the controller and app. There's no setting for the push in function of the 5P button.
All it seems to do is gimball up/down.
If you choose 'navigation' as a function for the 5p, instead it displays intelligent flight modes.
If you have intelligent flight disabled in settings, it is still visible and selectable.

Beginner mode disabled by itself. I wanted to remain in beginner for a few flights to get used to everything even though I have flown a P3A for some time.

Manual has different defaults for 5P than I saw.

I have latest firmware on aircraft and remote.

I found a couple bugs with the controller and app. There's no setting for the push in function of the 5P button.
If you choose 'navigation' as a function for the 5p, instead it displays intelligent flight modes.
If you have intelligent flight disabled in settings, it is still visible and selectable.

Beginner mode disabled by itself. I wanted to remain in beginner for a few flights to get used to everything even though I have flown a P3A for some time.

One thing I have found is to power cycle everything!
Also, I have to take my very slim case off my iPhone for the connection to work on the remote control

I had to use USB for iPhone or ipad to work.
There is a certain knack to attaching the iPhone, but at least I can now easily power on/off the remote. Just need to remember now to remove the camera/gimbal cover before powering in th drone

How did my post about remote/app bugs move to USB issues?
I have issues with that too, particularly Samsung Tab E but that's not what this post was supposed to be about.

You can try posting these finding to a forum where DJI will see it: DJI FORUM. But no guarantees that they will respond.

I believe I did post in DJI's forum.
I figured out the issue with the 'intelligent flight mode' being disabled. That's mislabeled. That doesn't disable IFM, it disables going to Sport or Tripod using the switch on the side of the remote.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d