DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible solution to the Gimbal Reset

jaysrmc

Reactions
A few weeks ago I was out at a location and a huge gust of wind came. It flipped my landing pad and the MP. I got home and turned it on and the camera gave me a gimbal overload and I couldn't get any images. On two different devices. All the photos and Video came out black.

I sent it to @Thunderdrones, Rob couldn't find anything wrong with it. Even taking test photos.. The guy couldn't be easier to work with and only changed me for the estimate.

I got it back a week later. It had the same issue but I knew it was something else because Rob tested it with his phone.

I downgraded the firmware and then upgraded again. Now I have video but I am using androids and Rob was using an iphone I think.

I get ready and head out this morning about an hour and some change to a location I want to shoot..

I got everything powered up. Same problem... No video.. Downgrade and upgrade in the field with my laptop. It works again but now when flying I noticed no SD card message, then I notice it is not reporting data at all to the phone but the controller is getting information.

I bring it down, power off and on. Now everything is working correctly except mid flight Gimbal resets. I call DJI with my other phone and stream the flight to FB. Got it to gimbal reset again. It was hard to understand him but I think he said you need to unplug the cable that comes with it and plug a regular cable into the bottom of the controller to reset the flags. I did and flew it for a min or two. He then told me to turn everything back off but before I turn it back on plug the original cable in and you won't have this problem. I did and flew for 2 hours without any problems with Gimbal Reset, Video issues or SD card messages and all data came back to the phone.

sorry for the long post but I have always had the gimbal reset problem and now I don't after "clearing the flags" I no longer have it or No Video Problems. The rep I spoke to Friday evening told me to send it back to them.. I am happy I did not.

I also forgot they told me to change the setting on android to set the phone to transfer files when connected to the controller and turn off USB debugging. Those two things may have been the fix.

I know this is an old thread, but I had this happen today on my new MPP, which I was flying for the first time today. On the third battery, I was trying to do a blow out take of a building and suddenly the camera went ballistic.

Initially I thought it was a bird strike, but thankfully the drone was not far off, and within LOS (a few minutes earlier I was at 3k meters so I am glad it did not happen that far out). The Gimbal reset mid-flight, as did the camera settings.

It is funny but I got the MPP because it is quieter and has better connection than my Mavic Air, and also since DJI decided to leave the MA out to dry regarding FW updates. I had thought the MPP was tried and true, but I guess not.

Can you please clarify the process by which you fixed this? I understand that I am to:
1) Connect the phone (Android) through the side cable.
2) Shut down the controller and drone.
3) Connect the phone through the lower USB connection.
4) Shut down the controller and drone.
5) Connect the phone back in the side connector and fly?

Is this correct? Any help would be appreciated. I have only had this happen once, but I would hate for it to happen again.

Thanks!

E.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123