DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible to hook up an external camera?

Reactions
Hey guys,
Is it possible to hook up an external camera to my maciv via USB ?
I want to buy a FLIR thermo imaging camera and use it to take photos and videos from my drone . I've seen other drones that can do this.
Thank you!

I switched off the vision sensors and strapped a Galaxy S7 with the Flir One camera to the bottom for a quick test. Worked okay. There wasn't too much wind the day I tried. I think a Raspberry Pi with attached Flir may be a better idea, though I haven't got round to trying it yet.

Reactions: Guy with drone
I switched off the vision sensors and strapped a Galaxy S7 with the Flir One camera to the bottom for a quick test. Worked okay. There wasn't too much wind the day I tried. I think a Raspberry Pi with attached Flir may be a better idea, though I haven't got round to trying it yet.
That's what I'm talking about. Would be cool to get live feed if there's a way to blug into the drones USB and have it transmit back to the phone or tablet. I have no practical use for it I just think it would be fun

Wow so DJI just released a mavic with thermal imaging lol.
The Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual, less than $3k without the Fly More package. I'm waiting for someone to do some real world testing and post it to YouTube. If it works as good as it sounds, I think I'll get one for the rescue squad I'm on.
BTW, if anyone needs a $3k tax deduction, we're a 501c3. :cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming