DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible to take a picture while filming

RParker762

Reactions
Is it possible to take a picture while recording video? I'm tired of stopping and starting while flying to get good shots.

ETA: found my own answer.....

Assuming you came to the same conclusion as me... No ?!!

Annoying isn't it !!! You can get a high res pic from video I'm told, but you need a decent computer and decent editing software :(

You can get a high res pic from video I'm told, but you need a decent computer and decent editing software :(
This is actually a very simple operation for any video editing software and can be done with pretty much any modern computer.

I found a website that allows you to do this in the cloud for free so it takes virtually zero computer resources.

Reactions: pelagic_one
This is actually a very simple operation for any video editing software and can be done with pretty much any modern computer.

I found a website that allows you to do this in the cloud for free so it takes virtually zero computer resources.

Thanks man, I'll take a look. There were a few options I tried after googling (remember VLC being one of them) but quality wasn't there so gave up and went and sulked !

And you come through again.. Awesome, thanks!

Thanks man, I'll take a look. There were a few options I tried after googling (remember VLC being one of them) but quality wasn't there so gave up and went and sulked !
A screen grab from video will never match the image quality from a still image shot.

A screen grab from video will never match the image quality from a still image shot.
If you're not good at stills, then video at least lets you get a good capture.

Now that high speed train...

Yeah I think I can handle that...

Oops! Missed it again...it was moving too fast.

If you're not good at stills, then video at least lets you get a good capture.
Now that high speed train...
Your frame grab will always bee at a lower resolution than a still.
And it will probably be at a slower shutter speed, if you use ND filters it will be a much lower shutter speed athn you would use for shooting stills.
A frame grab of that high speed train is likely to be just a blur.

Frame grabbing from video will be suitable for some things but will never match a dedicated still.
If you want a very good still, you have to shoot stills.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61