DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible upgrade options for the future.

gleavitt513

Reactions
I am in search of a possible upgrade (within the next few months to half-year or more) for my Mavic Air 2. She's served me well for around 2 years, but she's starting to show her age. What would some possible upgrade options be? I already have a mini 3 (non-pro) that I plan on keeping, and I'm not too keen on spending an arm and a leg for an upgrade (im only 15 so I don't make much money. I have thought about waiting a few months for the air3s to drop the price of the air 3, but not sure how that would go. Do I dare to pick up an old air2s? Do i wait for the air3 price to drop? Are phantom 4's still an option today? I'm certainly not a professional, flying is just my hobby.

Reactions: Rchawks and Cafguy
What do you really want to do with the Drone FLY? FPV? Take Photos. ? you say Hobby. Drones are also my hobby I fly FPV I would tell you to look into an Avata 2 if that is what you are after. IF you are into Photography I say wait till around November sometime before I can tell you that one....

I am in search of a possible upgrade (within the next few months to half-year or more) for my Mavic Air 2. She's served me well for around 2 years, but she's starting to show her age. What would some possible upgrade options be? I already have a mini 3 (non-pro) that I plan on keeping, and I'm not too keen on spending an arm and a leg for an upgrade (im only 15 so I don't make much money. I have thought about waiting a few months for the air3s to drop the price of the air 3, but not sure how that would go. Do I dare to pick up an old air2s? Do i wait for the air3 price to drop? Are phantom 4's still an option today? I'm certainly not a professional, flying is just my hobby.
The Air2S is still an excellent drone for photography, a well rounded half-way-house between the mini's and the heavier Mavics. It has already gone through the cycle of upgrades and bug fixes, so the firmware is stable and well kitted out with features. It is also a lot cheaper than the Air3/3S.

Yes, the Phantom 4 is still knocking around and the camera is still one of the most superior, having a mechanical shutter, but they are still pricey.

The Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom are possibly the best two 'pro-sumer' drones produced by DJI with more features than you could ever find a use for, on top of that good examples are relatively cheap to buy. The only downside is finding good and reliable spare batteries... but this can still be done. On top of that: the flight app (GO4) is a fantastic piece of control software with more functions than a digestive system.

Reactions: gleavitt513
What do you really want to do with the Drone FLY? FPV? Take Photos. ? you say Hobby. Drones are also my hobby I fly FPV I would tell you to look into an Avata 2 if that is what you are after. IF you are into Photography I say wait till around November sometime before I can tell you that one....
I mostly fly and take pics/vids but I have dipped my toes a bit into the fpv world with a tinyhawk freestyle 3, but i mainly fly camera drones to take pics and vids

Reactions: Cafguy
The only downside is finding good and reliable spare batteries...
Thats one thing holding me back from the mavic 2 lineup, no more batteries are being produced, (except maybe 3rd party batteries) which means the life expectancy is going down. Also, i would think parts are going to become harder and harder to find as time passes.

Reactions: Rchawks
It looks like the Air 3 prices started dropping around here (used market) when the 3s was announced a few weeks ago....you are young, so don't get impatient..wait it out and keep your eye on FB market, and this forum's classifieds...good luck, I hope you score a good deal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ak476579