DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible 'Zoom' on Mini?

David Smith

Reactions
Hello from England.
I was watching a guy on TV last night flying a bigger DJI drone than mine. Possibly an 'Air' or whatever model it was, He was able to zoom in on objects. Does the Mini do that? I doubt it.Thanks, everyone.?
Regards Dave

Hello from England.
I was watching a guy on TV last night flying a bigger DJI drone than mine. Possibly an 'Air' or whatever model it was, He was able to zoom in on objects. Does the Mini do that? I doubt it.Thanks, everyone.?
Regards Dave
It would have been a Mavic 2 Zoom. The Mini doesn't zoom. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Gindra
Unless you want to do something fancy like Dolly Zoom just fly closer ;)

Actually a zoom lens does more than that it doesnt just make the subject closer it also changes perspective. A subject at 10’ away with a wide 16mm lens might look the same size as a subject 20’ away with a 35mm but the perspective is very different ie. How much of the background you can see, how compressed space looks in the fore and back ground, and how parallax changes more drastically.

Unless you want to do something fancy like Dolly Zoom just fly closer ;)
The reason I chose the Zoom was so that I could 'get closer' to wildlife without spooking it. Found it to be really helpful in just plain landscape shots also. Do miss not having the 1" sensor that the M2P has though. But not enough to make me want to move away from the Zoom.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet