DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Post DJI Care Replacement Question

TinajaEco

Premium Pilot
Reactions
One of my drones was recently replaced via DJI care. My old one was registered with the FAA. Does the FAA reg carry over with the new drone, or do I need to register this new one?

One of my drones was recently replaced via DJI care. My old one was registered with the FAA. Does the FAA reg carry over with the new drone, or do I need to register this new one?
What kind of registration did you have?
If you registered as a recreational flyer, you didn't actually register the drone.
You registered yourself and as many drones as you want to fly.

What kind of registration did you have?
If you registered as a recreational flyer, you didn't actually register the drone.
You registered yourself and as many drones as you want to fly.
The process has changed recently for recreational flyers. While you continue to keep only one (1) registration number, you must individually registered each of your drones with their serial number and/or RID number. If that has changed (due to any reason including DJI Care Refresh) then you can go into your FAA database and remove the old drone from your inventory and add the details for the new drone. FAA registration does not carry over from one drone to another. This needs to be done because each and every drone has a unique standard RID number.

Just to be clear, you do not get a new FAA registration number since you only get one number as a recreational flyer and you should externally affix that same number to your new drone (same with all the drones in your inventory).

If you drone does not need to be registered (e.g. under 250g) then you can skip this process.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BugHunter