DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Post-Processing Images for Mapping? (MME)

AirmetTango

Reactions
I'm just getting started with 2D orthomosaic mapping using my Air 2S, and I'm wondering how others incorporate post-processing the images into their workflow. In my case, I'm using Maps Made Easy (MME) to generate the final map.

I've collected my images, then did some basic color correction in a batch process using my image processing software to improve their overall appearance. When I tried uploading the images as a "DJI Workflow", MME wouldn't recognize the images as coming from a DJI drone. So I tried uploading the processed images as a "Classic Workflow" instead, but I couldn't get past the "test EXIF tags" stage - MME claimed the EXIF data didn't exist (it's definitely all still there). I was stumped for a bit until I found MME's Data Collection Guidelines page, which states that EXIF tags must be intact and can't be modified by 3rd party software: "EXIF Tags Intact - EXIF tags should not be modifed by 3rd party image processing software. We need all the of the tags the camera originally places in the image files. Photoshop, Photos, Photo Manager and lots of other softwares have been known to corrupt the tags."

I played around with the EXIF files a little to no avail, and finally just ended up using the original, unedited photos out of the Air 2S as a DJI Workflow, and I'm now waiting for MME to generate the final map products as a free trial. I collected the images on a thin overcast day to diffuse the light and eliminate shadows, so the images are a bit drab - I imagine the output from MME will be equally drab and need post-processing.

For those out there using MME for mapping, does the service generate products that can be easily post-processed before delivery to a client? Or am I better off switching to another application that will allow me to upload images that have already been processed?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada