DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Posting drone videos online

Merrill277

Reactions
Just some ideas about posting music online. There is no good music for free. If you buy, its not much better. And if you pirate, they can come after you, unlikely but possible if it ever goes viral. And you can write artists and tell them what you are doing. They might say, fine but just give us credit for the music so they know where to buy my music. Any really popular music I would definetly avoid. I just post my videos to my friends and tell them, turn on some music you like and watch this video. It makes sense because the variety of music is huge! And everyone seems to have a jondra of music they are partial to. They may not like the music you post with your video anyway.
I also post in 4K and tell them for best results to watch on the biggest screen possible, TV or Computer. Incidentally, FB is as good for posting high def as you tube now days. They are also very good for posting and creating 360s. Have fun. .02

Reactions: John G.
I put very popular music on my videos all the time. I think YouTube just says the artists will get a commission. Since I make no money from YouTube, that doesn't bother me. I'm not a commercial vlogger.

Reactions: CvCow
I put very popular music on my videos all the time. I think YouTube just says the artists will get a commission. Since I make no money from YouTube, that doesn't bother me. I'm not a commercial vlogger.
‘I think’ wouldn’t give you any protection in a court of law nor would publicly stating ‘that doesn’t bother me’. I would urge you to check the following copyright FAQ on YouTube’s Copyright and Myths page:

Copyright Myths - YouTube

‘I think’ wouldn’t give you any protection in a court of law nor would publicly stating ‘that doesn’t bother me’. I would urge you to check the following copyright FAQ on YouTube’s Copyright and Myths page:

Copyright Myths - YouTube
Thanks for the advice. Didn't know that. I just thought of something. Why is there so much copyrighted material on YouTube then? All the music videos I have on my computer were downloaded from YouTube.

Thanks for the advice. Didn't know that. I just thought of something. Why is there so much copyrighted material on YouTube then? All the music videos I have on my computer were downloaded from YouTube.
It depends on the artist(s) or record label if they have given permission or have an agreement with Google/YouTube. Some lesser known artists may be happy getting free ‘airtime’. Either way Google will have themselves legally covered against being sued for aiding distribution of any copyright material.

There is a ‘fair use’ caveat that small sections of copyright material (10-secs or so) may be used but it depends entirely on the intended use. It’s still a bit of a minefield though.

Just some ideas about posting music online. There is no good music for free. If you buy, its not much better. And if you pirate, they can come after you, unlikely but possible if it ever goes viral. And you can write artists and tell them what you are doing. They might say, fine but just give us credit for the music so they know where to buy my music. Any really popular music I would definetly avoid. I just post my videos to my friends and tell them, turn on some music you like and watch this video. It makes sense because the variety of music is huge! And everyone seems to have a jondra of music they are partial to. They may not like the music you post with your video anyway.
I also post in 4K and tell them for best results to watch on the biggest screen possible, TV or Computer. Incidentally, FB is as good for posting high def as you tube now days. They are also very good for posting and creating 360s. Have fun. .02
I just record my own music anything I want like this
Select what you want ie on sportify or YouTube , I record it with a phone from a small bbl speaker, save the file and paste it in to your video

• Wow
Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Select what you want ie on sportify or YouTube , I record it with a phone from a small bbl speaker, save the file and paste it in to your video
According to the link in post #4...

Screenshot_20221218_133127.jpg

Reactions: rickmurray1989
I disagree that there is no good music for free. It can take however some time to find a track that suits the mood and fits the vision. I probably spend more time on finding the most appropriate track than the editing these days, but I enjoy it. It completes the project in a positive way. There are plenty of free music sites out there. “Pixabay” is one that has great free music, and I use it regularly.

If you are looking for good original music by professional artists a great place is SoundClick
I have been using it for years and mostly for commercial purposes. Some artists will want a small fee, and some just want recognition. Several years ago I had to produce several videos for the Veterans Administration for disabled veterans. I used music from artists around the world. One band loved the video so much they hired me to go to the UK to do a music video for them. One of the videos I wanted to use "My Way" by Paul Anka. I was able to contact him and he gave me permission and a copy of the version he wanted used. My Way by Paul Anka, for The Disabled Veterans Sports Clinic
I posted the VA videos on Vimeo and YouTube. YouTube of course hit me for copyright infringement. No problem as Paul receives any money generated. I was already paid by the VA.

Reactions: Zbip57
I disagree that there is no good music for free. It can take however some time to find a track that suits the mood and fits the vision. I probably spend more time on finding the most appropriate track than the editing these days, but I enjoy it. It completes the project in a positive way. There are plenty of free music sites out there. “Pixabay” is one that has great free music, and I use it regularly.
I use Artlist.com. I like how you can search for the music that is suitable for the clip, and the sound effects are good too. The music clips are also have different durations, ranging from about 30 seconds to about 12 minutes.

I’m an Epidemic subscriber and the selection on the site is outstanding ! The variety and quality is more than worth the small sub fee!

I use the audio library on youtube. I wish they had a greater variety but for the first 60 videos it was good enough and allows me to find just the right sound for the right effect. I love posts like this though because now I have so many more sources. thanks

I grab whatever music I want from Youtube and convert it to MP3. I try and give credit to the musician in the description area, sometimes I forget though, my bad.
I usually set transitions and animated cuts to the beat of the music, so just having the viewer grab any BG music to play along with the video, does not work well.

I do not monetize my youtube content or FB content. if you did monetize, all the proceeds of the monetization would go to the musician, not you.

It is still piracy. I am a professional photographer and I have had to deal with people who assume the same thing about my copyrighted images that I post online.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet