DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Potential Dual Battery Support

Out of curiosity, how many airplane pilot errors have caused death and how many drone accidents have caused death? Is this even comparable... And out of extreme curiosity, has there been a drone related fatality? Even while it was an unregulated hobby?

Sent from my SM-G900T using MavicPilots mobile app

Let me see if I have this straight. Because people have died due to pilot error, and because there haven't been any UAV-related deaths (that we know of), you think we ought to have the right to just ignore Federal regulations?

Let me see if I have this straight. Because people have died due to pilot error, and because there haven't been any UAV-related deaths (that we know of), you think we ought to have the right to just ignore Federal regulations?
You stated dogmatically that you (a pilot) strictly obey the rules because you care about lives. That's great! I suppose going 401 feet in the air is going to cause a plethora of deaths and should be avoided... Oh wait! No...... and no I don't agree with the FAA regulations and they know it's extreme when they allow you to put in for exceptions.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, how many airplane pilot errors have caused death and how many drone accidents have caused death? Is this even comparable... And out of extreme curiosity, has there been a drone related fatality? Even while it was an unregulated hobby?

2a8711dab35891dcc0026cefc58cbe0d.jpg

FYI, a guy in Seattle crashed his drone into a building while flying above a parade and it hit a lady in the head and knocked her unconscious. He was charged and convicted of reckless endangerment and faces a fine of $5000 and up to 364 days in jail (He's due to be sentenced on Feb 24th - we'll see if the judge slaps him on the wrist or if he makes an example out of him). (Man convicted in drone crash that injured woman during Seattle’s Pride Parade) I'm not telling you this to argue with you, because I actually agree with most of what you are saying... But I do like to let people know when their facts aren't quite accurate (I realize this is a very recent case, but I'm sure there are other similar cases like this around the country). We also do need to exercise caution if we choose to blur the lines of the FAA rules. This guy was obviously making a poor choice by flying his drone above a large crowd.

Now, back to the dual battery support discussion - very interesting!!!

FYI, a guy in Seattle crashed his drone into a building while flying above a parade and it hit a lady in the head and knocked her unconscious. He was charged and convicted of reckless endangerment and faces a fine of $5000 and up to 364 days in jail (He's due to be sentenced on Feb 24th - we'll see if the judge slaps him on the wrist or if he makes an example out of him). (Man convicted in drone crash that injured woman during Seattle’s Pride Parade) I'm not telling you this to argue with you, because I actually agree with most of what you are saying... But I do like to let people know when their facts aren't quite accurate (I realize this is a very recent case, but I'm sure there are other similar cases like this around the country). We also do need to exercise caution if we choose to blur the lines of the FAA rules. This guy was obviously making a poor choice by flying his drone above a large crowd.

Now, back to the dual battery support discussion - very interesting!!!

Well I was more asking questions than being dogmatic about injuries... Thankfully there was no death and glad an actual piloted aircraft wasn't involved then the injury would have been much more severe. And the stats that were quoted were from the beginning of time up until 2015

This wouldn't be a long range set up because its still limited by the range of the transmitter. its more of a mod to keep the drone flying longer.

I ordered the battery mod from the UK link. I went for version 2 which has dual xt60 connectors sitting on top of the mavic. I'll try dual 1500mah batteries, and later dual 1900mah depending on how the first test goes.

it'll be interesting the finds on all this if it works out pretty good I might do the same.

This wouldn't be a long range set up because its still limited by the range of the transmitter. its more of a mod to keep the drone flying longer.

The stock transmitter range has not been an issue for those trying to get the long distance out of the Mavic, it's been the battery. There are several mod's available for the transmitter though already.

Reactions: Foxtrot Uniform
So on this link it has the statement several times, "Includes a LED light so you know when to connect the aux batteries" so you can't connect these aux batteries with a fully charged DJI battery? Please excuse my ignorance.

You want to connect the external batteries AFTER turning on Mavic. The reason is so that there is some draw and subsequent voltage drop. If you connect the external batteries before turning on the drone, it's likely that the external batteries have a different voltage than the Mavic battery which would result in current flow that could damage electronics. There is no diode in the add-on to protect current flow. Having the drone on will result in voltage sag that will be below both the external and internal battery of the Mavic.

Edit: assuming all batteries are fully charged.

Reactions: cybertech
The stock transmitter range has not been an issue for those trying to get the long distance out of the Mavic, it's been the battery. There are several mod's available for the transmitter though already.
Yes, i'm saying the the battery would out last the range, I am aware there are transmitter mods available.

Hi guys, I'm also looking to improve battery flight time but with an other approach.
I think some of you might be interested. I put it in a new thread because I think that it will be a little off-subject in comparison of a dual battery support, but I'll follow this subject and results with attention.
There's the thread link: Mavic - Battery life improvement & Internal electronics.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580