DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Potential Dual Battery Support

Here is a picture of the inside, we can easily see the supply wires coming from the plug to the board. Look easy to solder an other two wires to the outside of the Mavic to plug a second battery.

Many videos on youtube show how to unmount the Mavic. To access this wires you just have to unscrew the 6 top screws and 4 under.

The battery plug look not so easy to find on internet.
But i seen something cheap with a plug with the wire coming from the side. Look at the second picture.
I will probably get a try.

Finally i will only miss the 3D printed battery holder. But i don't need it to make some tests.

Am i the only pilot interesting by getting a Bigger flying time for only 10$ ???

inside.jpg
12-14v-chargeur-voiture-6a-sortie-pour-dji-mavic-p.jpg

Last edited:
Been asking about this for awhile, have you tried the 2 magic batteries together yet.

No, i'm gone from home for few months, and i don't have my Mavic with me. I can't test. Sorry.
But if one of you members try it, please, let us know the result!
Fredo

Did you try mounting the battery vertically, or in parallel with the body of the Mavic? I'm curious why you mounted it horizontally.

My report of yesterday 07 May 2017.

After two with Inspire 2, I have done one flight with my Mavic Pro, from a valley (no wind at Home Point, 12 °C) towards the mountain walls.
500m up, 2500m far.
During the flight 4 or 5 strong wind alert.
Around my Mavic there are two mountains walls and the peaks are 1100 .. 1200 m higher.
One unit of Turnigy 3S, 30-40C, 3300 mAh, 90° horizontally rotated, attached with velcro above the DJI battery.
In flight for a total of more than 31 minutes.

First flight about 26 minutes from 99% to 23%, second short flight, two minutes later, 200m far, 50 m up, with an additional final, hovering for 2 more minutes, 1 meter above the HP, just to discharge to an overall 7% for the two batteries.

Reading after cable disconnection:
Turnigy Voltage 3,621 V - 3,613 V - 3,562 V
DJI battery 6%.
View attachment 12409 View attachment 12410 View attachment 12409 View attachment 12410 View attachment 12411 View attachment 12412 View attachment 12413 View attachment 12411 View attachment 12412 View attachment 12413

Did you try mounting the battery vertically, or in parallel with the body of the Mavic? I'm curious why you mounted it horizontally.
Yes, I have tried it many, many times, both the solutions and although I have not done rigorous and scientific tests, it seems to me that the solution of a single additional battery is more efficient (less weight, longer flight time), maybe a small difference, but I think that there is it.
You should know for sure the power and the other characteristics of the batteries, the actual values, not those printed on the labels, to say this with reasonable certainty, testing more times the same day with a very stable weather condition or in a hangar-laboratory.

I put the single battery not parallel to the Mavic Pro, even if I do not like it, because that one is too long to be placed parallel to the front-tail line, using the clip and without covering the Mavic tail, where, important, is positioned the GPS antenna.
And even without considering the GPS, it would be placed in a too unbalanced position, could cause excessive strain on the two tail motors, so it would be a bad solution.
This is when using that clip, it conditions the positioning of a battery, with that size.
If you use a different battery with a smaller length, overall smaller and/or the power supply connection made with cables coming out of the Mavic body, there is no problem about how to put the single additional battery, of course.

Curiosity satisfied ... on Earth?

Yes, I have tried it many, many times, both the solutions and although I have not done rigorous and scientific tests, it seems to me that the solution of a single additional battery is more efficient (less weight, longer flight time), maybe a small difference, but I think that there is it.
You should know for sure the power and the other characteristics of the batteries, the actual values, not those printed on the labels, to say this with reasonable certainty, testing more times the same day with a very stable weather condition or in a hangar-laboratory.

I put the single battery not parallel to the Mavic Pro, even if I do not like it, because that one is too long to be placed parallel to the front-tail line, using the clip and without covering the Mavic tail, where, important, is positioned the GPS antenna.
And even without considering the GPS, it would be placed in a too unbalanced position, could cause excessive strain on the two tail motors, so it would be a bad solution.
This is when using that clip, it conditions the positioning of a battery, with that size.
If you use a different battery with a smaller length, overall smaller and/or the power supply connection made with cables coming out of the Mavic body, there is no problem about how to put the single additional battery, of course.

Curiosity satisfied ... on Earth?
Yes - thank you for your quick response. I have been looking at a couple batteries from this post. I'm trying to determine the right combination of additional flight time and the associated cost. I'm also looking at the MultStar 5200mAh battery.

I'm also looking at the MultStar 5200mAh battery.
I think begins to be really too heavy the 5.2 to flight safe and long.
The Multistar LiHv 4.0 3S 10C weight about 272g and is already a considerable added weight.
I have used these batteries (I have 4 units, but put only 1 battery, of course) only 2 times, with no apparent difficulties for Mavic, for long distance photographic missions.
Above this weight, in my opinion, is better to not go and don't fly with Mavic, if not just to do some tests, not as everyday use if you want a long life for your aircraft and have also enough reserve of maneuverability if you suddenly have difficulties with strong wind.

I think begins to be really too heavy the 5.2 to flight safe and long.
The Multistar LiHv 4.0 3S 10C weight about 272g and is already a considerable added weight.
I have used these batteries (I have 4 units, but put only 1 battery, of course) only 2 times, with no apparent difficulties for Mavic, for long distance photographic missions.
Above this weight, in my opinion, is better to not go and don't fly with Mavic, if not just to do some tests, not as everyday use if you want a long life for your aircraft and have also enough reserve of maneuverability if you suddenly have difficulties with strong wind.
Doing a quick side by side comparison of the Turnigy 3300mah battery with the Multistar 4.0 3S and the Multistar weighs a little less. But it does appear to be bulkier.

I am not trying to break distance records - I just want to stay in the air longer. I already have 5 Mavic batteries; and I am kinda wishing I found this sooner!

I am not trying to break distance records - I just want to stay in the air longer
Me also, Mavic have a pretty good range already as it is without an antenna booster, 5 ... 7 km is enough for me at the moment.
Need only more flight time because after the (relative) long distance said, I need some minutes to stay in the desired point, hovering to take many pictures as on a tripod, I don't necessarily need to go a lot more distant than this, and be forced to immediately return back because of the low battery.
This is not much useful to me, but who take videos, first of all, can have a different opinion.

They probably wouldn't want you there anyway.
So I'm guessing you guys don't follow the FAA rules on the "Line Of Sight" restriction. You just go fly as high and as far as you want. Please tell me where you are so I can avoid that area.
And now my reply to Bobthegod:

As far as I'm concerned, and what I imagine, you avoid my operational area anyway, almost certainly.
Earth is not flat, I fly around and near the mountains and also the DJI restriction of 500 m altitude, not for technical reasons, is an absolute nonsense for me and people like me.
I have 2000 ... 3000 meters of almost wild mountains, far away from habited centers.
I'm not so stupid like that boy in Tel Aviv with his Mavic flown near airplanes.
A friend of mine fly with a rescue helicopter, I well know the matter, have a rigorous mentality, and now I know what to do and how to do ... finally.

So I'm guessing you guys don't follow the FAA rules on the "Line Of Sight" restriction. You just go fly as high and as far as you want. Please tell me where you are so I can avoid that area.
Effeminate cry babies don’t read the thread the
Yeah I know that. But I travel a lot and just about everywhere I go I check online for "Drone flying regulations" and add my destination to the end of that, and every destination has some kind of regulation(s). I may be in the minority but I do follow the rules. Why? Because I want to be able to fly my drone. And the less problems there are the less rules there will be. Just my $.02
why even bother posting here if you don’t like it don’t read it and don’t try to start crap cause your board!! Go fly or something!!!

I've been using a single turnigy 3000 mah LiHV with the clip and getting some really good results. 30+ minute times. This pretty much what I was after.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929