DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

POWER (for waypoints)

STUFF2C

Reactions
Now that I can fly waypoints, it would be nice to be alble to power the drone without burning up a battery charge to do so.
The only flight I've done with the waypoints was a 20 point test flight (worked flawlessly). I programmed each point with a different set of commands, heights, speed, camera commands and so forth. This was pretty time consuming. And ate up a good deal of battery time.
So, is there a better way to pull this off?

Reactions: ZooCougar
After you tap the "Waypoints" icon, you can turn off the drone and remote controller. Then, you'll just need to worry about your mobile device running out of battery power.

Can waypoints be saved for later?
I don't have the update yet so can't test.

If missions could be saved, then you can prepare them on one battery, change the battery then fly the mission.

Yes.... I programmed each of the 20 points with the drone on... i should have noted how much battery it actually used but it was about half. 20 points is pretty time consuming when you are in the learning stage and pointing in all the different commands that are available, pretty cool too.
Now that I know I can program the points off line other than height, thats going to make things a lot simpler.

Can waypoints be saved for later?
I don't have the update yet so can't test.

If missions could be saved, then you can prepare them on one battery, change the battery then fly the mission.
Yes you can save them and give them custom names. If you use the dji go4 app "Download offline map" fuction you can just pop in a battery while still at home do all your waypionts, save them, recharge the battery u worked on to full. You dont have go do the waypionts in the field if you use the offline maps function. I lucikly have 3 batteries, i did waypionts flight today did all the prepping at home. I have say it really does not take me that much time, the mavic 2 battery last a lot longer when it just sitting on ground. I think the battery i used for the waypiont took maybe 15 min on the charger get it back to full. It helps if you watch some waypiont youtube videos so you know what do from get go.

Reactions: Elude and STUFF2C
After you tap the "Waypoints" icon, you can turn off the drone and remote controller. Then, you'll just need to worry about your mobile device running out of battery power.
Doesn't appear to be the case on the Android version, as soon as I power down the drone the waypoint menu's disappear. If you try and enter waypoint mode again it says mode not available. If you power the drone back on and hit waypoints, it asks if you'd like to recover the prevous task.

Doesn't appear to be the case on the Android version, as soon as I power down the drone the waypoint menu's disappear. If you try and enter waypoint mode again it says mode not available.

That sucks. Must try this.

Yes you can save them and give them custom names. If you use the dji go4 app "Download offline map" fuction you can just pop in a battery while still at home do all your waypionts, save them, recharge the battery u worked on to full. You dont have go do the waypionts in the field if you use the offline maps function. I lucikly have 3 batteries, i did waypionts flight today did all the prepping at home. I have say it really does not take me that much time, the mavic 2 battery last a lot longer when it just sitting on ground. I think the battery i used for the waypiont took maybe 15 min on the charger get it back to full. It helps if you watch some waypiont youtube videos so you know what do from get go.

Where can you download offline maps?

Here some screenshots from the dji go 4 app... View attachment 61372View attachment 61373
I find the offline maps handy in general aswell, i like put my phone in flight mode when i fly my mavic 2, so there no chances of calls or notifications popping up or anything that can interfere with drone or dji go 4 app. You can also download mutiple map selections, so when i go on vacation for instance i download the map for that area aswell before i go.

Reactions: dtp
Before you Tap go fly or the ENTER Menu, there's a BAR MENU in the upper Right. Tap that and one of its options is "Offline maps" and go from there.

Does Drone need to be connected? Because I did trap menu which took me to the menu I posted above

Well I'm tapping the menu bars in your right side of screen. But I've definitely got different options than most do. Could I have old version of go4 app? Maybe I need to delete app and reinstall....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13