DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

power supply

Shakennstirred

Reactions
Anyone else not have one at home.
everything I have is USB-C to USB-A.

So had to buy a new charger to use the cable in the box or take a charger n cable off something else out with me.
which I did to charge them, but it was another thing to buy lol

Reactions: Torque
Not had a problem.
Everything has been USB-C for several years so most of us have a ton of chargers.

Tablet? USB-C
Phone? USB-C
Kindle? USB-C
Headphones? USB-C
Motion controller? USB-C
Canon Mirrorless? USB-C
Hell, even my laptop can be powered and charged by USB-C.

I'd be more annoyed if it used the ancient USB-micro and id had to dig a charger and cable out of the draw of junk.

Anyone reading this thread who needs to buy a charger...

buy a 30W (not less it will be slower, it can be more but it won't go faster) USB-C *PD* charger. this will ensure the fastest possible charging allowed by the drone or the battery hub. any less wattage, or if not a PD charger, will likely still charge the batteries but slower.

I bought a cheap INIU 30w PD for £11 and tested it on a portable power station which has a built in pure sine wave inverter. I put a power meter between the charger and power station and was putting out 35w plugged into the hub. My portable power supply also has a built in power out meter and was showing between 35w and 41w, it wasn't staying steady on one value so not sure whats going on there? TBH I'm not keen on fast chargers as they might lower the life of the batteries. It says in the manual for the 30w charger, reduces power if it detects the device being charged is getting to hot. I prefer just to charge on 18w PD and wait a little bit longer. I'f I'm rushed for time then use 30w.

Bought this also for travelling: Charger Question
Looks like an output of up to 100w. With USB-C pd, the charger communicates with the device being charged and only gives suitable wattage for the device. At least you have a decent charger and able plug in multiple devices. You could plug the hub into one USB-C pd and your drone into another USB-C pd. That way you could be charging 2 batteries simultaneously.

You could plug the hub into one USB-C pd and your drone into another USB-C pd. That way you could be charging 2 batteries simultaneously.
Exactly, the idea was, charging at least RC and battery with 30 W simultaneously and other devices (smartphone, tablet along with it). At home, I have dedicated chargers for max. output but abroad, this is a good alternative with GaN technology. :)

Reactions: Fell Wanderer
Got one if these, gives option of 20w on top slot or 45w (so 30w max charge for the battery) on the bottom slot.

In a rush, cook batteries on full charge - more chilled then use the 20w.

Works ok so far.

I am not familiar with "PD".

Does this one meet that definition?

Anker 711 Charger (Nano II 30W)

PD is the industry standard for Power Delivery via USB-C.
Its bi-directional so any device can charge or receive from another and so on.
Problem is a lot of 3rd party device users invented their own protocols and ignore PD (Samsung had Quick Charge 3 etc).
It'll *charge* with that charger but might not be the most efficient speed wise as it lacks the negotiation protocol.

Will PowerIQ 3.0 quick charge a USB-C PD device at 45w? In terms of cross-compatibility, Qualcomm’s QuickCharge 4.0, 4+, and 5 are compatible with the USB PD specification. Edit: Huawei and Samsung’s fast charging standards also work with USB PD

Samsung has multiple standards. Thats the issue.
The newer ones support PPS so should be ok.
My older tab (S5E) only supports QC3.0 which doesn't support PD

Certainly my current QC3 charger for my tablet will *NOT* provide rapid charging to my google pixel phone which uses PD.

I have brought any DJI charger for my M3P , instead, I used my iPadPro 12.9 20W Charger since day 1, seems it charges all 3 battery very fast and same does charge using aircraft.

I'm thinking I'll just use an extra MacBook charger for this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2