DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Powering the SC in middle of nowhere to last for 8 aircraft batteries.

lomposlapos

Reactions
Is there a portable external battery that can power and/or recharge the SC while using it away from electricity and cars?

I am looking for a solution that provides power for the SC to use up to 8 aircraft batteries worth of flying time (M2P aircraft). An initial full charge lasts about for 4 aircraft batteries, so I need to double that.

Is there a portable external battery that can power and/or recharge the SC while using it away from electricity and cars?

I am looking for a solution that provides power for the SC to use up to 8 aircraft batteries worth of flying time (M2P aircraft). An initial full charge lasts about for 4 aircraft batteries, so I need to double that.
I dont know that you can charge the SC and fly at the same time. Someone here may have found a way to do that but for charging in between, I use one of these for charging my iPad, phone, and will fully charge the SC a couple few times. They are available in a various sizes. I have had a couple of RavPower brand units and they are still going strong. Anker is another good company.
Amazon.com: USB C Portable Battery 22000 RAVPower 22000mAh 5V/3A Type-C Port Portable Charger (2.4A Input, Total 6A Output Power Bank) Battery Pack for Galaxy S8, Google Pixel, Mate 9, Lumia and More: Electronics

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
I’ve got an m2p and m2z, 8 batteries and dji’s SC. I usually get 5 or 6 full flights before the SC needs juice. Before that happens, I use the spent batteries that have a bit of power left along with the flymore adapter that turns your batteries into USB banks. They certainly aren’t going to rapid charge the SC but will give it enough to get through all 8 sorties.

FE3A596E-6410-45F1-AEDC-F5DFF6E925FD.jpeg B2D721EF-356A-4060-8E62-2D099627940A.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve got an m2p and m2z, 8 batteries and dji’s SC. I usually get 5 or 6 full flights before the SC needs juice. Before that happens, I use the spent batteries that have a bit of power left along with the flymore adapter that turns your batteries into USB banks. They certainly aren’t going to rapid charge the SC but will give it enough to get through all 8 sorties.

View attachment 79498 View attachment 79499
What a great idea.... I'm going to do that.....Thanks

Reactions: Southfork1
I use the spent batteries that have a bit of power left along with the flymore adapter that turns your batteries into USB banks.
Not having purchased the Fly More Kit, I was curious about the setup you are using from that kit. I found similar ones on Amazon for those of us without the kit. Others may be interested and there are several brands. Not much in the way of feedback from purchasers.

If anyone here has any negative/positive experience with these adapters it would be nice to hear. Thanks

Tineer Mavic 2 USB Charger Power Bank Adapter $11

Annotation 2019-08-13 054721.jpg

Reactions: ff22 and Southfork1
Personally not a fan of running my batteries to 0% even with the DJI adapter. I use a 20,000 mah Battery Xiaomi 2C powerbank which supports QC3 fast charging. Many different makes/models to choose from.

Point is a standard USB powerbank charger with sufficient capacity should do.

Reactions: justy303
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair