DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Practicing again II

A.O.

Reactions
Ok, more practice and I changed a few things (learning). I went in and adjusted the gimbal yaw speed and smoothness, flew this in "C" mode and also in FPV mode. Still working on things, but this seems a little better than the first "through the woods vid.
Just wait till I learn to edit! These so far are just as I recorded them!

Reactions: iamcostas
That was cool, I take it you switched FPV on. Ooooo a bit close to the branch at the end of your drive. 0:58.
Just as a matter of interest what do you have the loss of signal response set to? I doubt it would be a consideration really given that the drone is within spitting distance but....

That was cool, I take it you switched FPV on. Ooooo a bit close to the branch at the end of your drive. 0:58.
Just as a matter of interest what do you have the loss of signal response set to? I doubt it would be a consideration really given that the drone is within spitting distance but....
Thanks , yes FPV.. need to work on the gimbal controls some.
I did not change my RTH setting so if it lost signal I would be in trouble. I did think about it and maybe while I'm trying this I should set it to hover if I lose signal... just not sure on that. Would not want it to RTH in any case as its basically flying down a corridor.
Thoughts??

And yes there are a few close branches on these flights.. I will say they DO look a lot closer on the videos than they do in real time.

I have more of these flights to post eventually but they take forever to download into u tube.. for instance this one took about 4 hours!!

In a wide open space it might be interesting and informative to fly moving-forward circles and see how steeply it banks in response to the ordered yaw rate. I doubt "gimbal controls" are responsible for the amount of visible roll but how gentle your yaw commands are might be. I often fly side on to the wind in FPV just to see the drone's tilt and its quite startling at times.
That said I wouldn't mind my drones' having the MA2's banking in yaw, as per post #30 in "Practicing again", the visual banking in FPV appeals to me, aside from the side slip prevention ( side slip cost me two props on my M2P, bad piloting really but its nicer to share the responsibility lol).
I wonder why upload speeds are so much slower than download speeds, I see the same thing myself and I am most definitely using a different service provider lol.

Reactions: A.O.
Working on it, what did you think of the FPV look?

Yep, orange is ok in my book!

100_0047.JPG

Working on it, what did you think of the FPV look?

Yep, orange is ok in my book!

View attachment 121717

This was really the first time that I saw it used and how it can change the scope of the flight, I still think it should be used in balance with the cinematic video but I really liked it . When did this Orange therapy start ? :p

This was really the first time that I saw it used and how it can change the scope of the flight, I still think it should be used in balance with the cinematic video but I really liked it . When did this Orange therapy start ? :p
My orange theropy as you call it started in the early to mid 80’s when I bought an orange International Scout... been going strong ever since!:cool:

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
My orange theropy as you call it started in the early to mid 80’s when I bought an orange International Scout... been going strong ever since!:cool:
That international Scout was nice for back than, and now the New Bronco is coming out and it looks close to the same thing. Watch out if they make it in orange. :D

After seeing this I may make a Neon Orange and Black , I like that. .

Screenshot 01-14-2021 17.57.40.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
That international Scout was nice for back than, and now the New Bronco is coming out and it looks close to the same thing. Watch out if they make it in orange. :D

View attachment 121720
Wow, where did you get that picture?? Beautiful!! Mine was close to that.Similar stripes,same color,but mine was a hard top.
The commercial I saw for the new bronco had an orange one I think

I did some flying along this driveway this morning ( it is your fault ?).
I was super clumsy ( it is your fault again) .
I am going to publish it soon.
Also I got an other idea. Let's all have a video gallery about flying a drone along driveways... ??
It could be fun.... Maybe

• Haha
I did some flying along this driveway this morning ( it is your fault ?).
I was super clumsy ( it is your fault again) .
I am going to publish it soon.
Also I got an other idea. Let's all have a video gallery about flying a drone along driveways... ??
It could be fun.... Maybe
HAHA!! Good idea, driveway flying!! Contest time!!
Looking forward to your video!

nice and smooth flight control inputs...great place to play it looks like

View attachment 121720
Oh by the way Phantom this pic is now the background pic on my computer! THANKS!

Last edited:

View attachment 121720
I fixed my wording on the above post.. this is NOW my background pic!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000