DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Practicing again..

Not sure on adjusting the yaw rate, where would I go to do that? Somewhere in the app I'm guessing?

And I thought about that after, I was in normal mode, should have been in Cinesmooth!

Still VERY new at all this., thanks for the advice.
There are lots of YouTube videos for help with your Gimbal Settings. Billy Kyle does a pretty good job covering the subject in THIS VIDEO. (It helps if you’re a speed listener). Tripod Mode (aka Cinesmooth) will give you the smoothest ride. Note that the gimbal settings are Mode specific.

Reactions: A.O.
There are lots of YouTube videos for help with your Gimbal Settings. Billy Kyle does a pretty good job covering the subject in THIS VIDEO. (It helps if you’re a speed listener). Tripod Mode (aka Cinesmooth) will give you the smoothest ride. Note that the gimbal settings are Mode specific.
Thank you that was a good video. I had found those gimbal settings last night but the vid explains ow to deal with them better!
I am also going to try the FPV mode instead of the Fly mode and see how that is.

Just practicing flying low levels and getting ready to fly through the woods.

Want to learn to fly through the woods, not just over them..

Need to get smoother..

Its like riding a motorcycle, anybody can ride fast, you want to show me your skills? do it slow!

This is exactly what I have been planning to do. I don’t want to turn off obstacle avoidance, but is there a way to turn off the alarm?

This is exactly what I have been planning to do. I don’t want to turn off obstacle avoidance, but is there a way to turn off the alarm?
I do not know, I just let it beep so I know I'm close, then turn or adjust bird till it shuts up..

Thanks for posting the video. It's nice to see what others do for practice instead of just seeing finished projects. I used to live on a property which had extensive wooded trails and would have been ideal for this type of flying/shooting. Sadly, now I live in suburbia so I don't get the same type of opportunities to fly in familiar surroundings.

Shooting smoothly is definitely an art, especially if your eyes are on your drone at all times. That said, I am incredibly impressed with the video quality of my MA2 - especially the stability. It may as well be on a tri-pod.

Thanks again!

Matt

Thanks for posting the video. It's nice to see what others do for practice instead of just seeing finished projects. I used to live on a property which had extensive wooded trails and would have been ideal for this type of flying/shooting. Sadly, now I live in suburbia so I don't get the same type of opportunities to fly in familiar surroundings.

Shooting smoothly is definitely an art, especially if your eyes are on your drone at all times. That said, I am incredibly impressed with the video quality of my MA2 - especially the stability. It may as well be on a tri-pod.

Thanks again!

Matt
So I have 100 acres here , mostly woods, with a bunch of roads/trails going through the place which is my reason for wanting to do this. Its one thing to fly over the woods and quite another to "try" to fly through them.
And my eyes are not "on" the drone at all times doing this, I have to rely on what the screen is telling me... Now don't everyone freak out about VLOS, its on my property below the tree tops and probably within 100 yards or so and I know exactly where it is at all times but I cant see through trees.
One of my biggest challenges is judging how close stuff is to the drone.. little twigs and branches and stuff , trees are easy, I'm playing with the grids I can put on my screen but not sure how much of a help it is yet.

We had 160 acres growing up. Combination of pasture land and woods/trails. Really wish I could go back there and fly.

You're absolutely right, though... flying through the woods is night-and-day different from flying above them.

I would probably use tripod mode if I were flying in a similar environment.

We had 160 acres growing up. Combination of pasture land and woods/trails. Really wish I could go back there and fly.

You're absolutely right, though... flying through the woods is night-and-day different from flying above them.

I would probably use tripod mode if I were flying in a similar environment.
MA2 doesn't have Tripod mode anymore but it has Cinesmooth which is about the same and yes, thats what I was flying in.
We had 160 acres when we were in Oklahoma it was nice!

Last edited:
lol but actually it was a serious question, with the M2P and MM yaw turns produce no bank and there can be significant side slip. When I asked about this, on here, someone said that banking (which would stop side slip) had been introduced but I don't remember on which drone.
If your's did not bank then I would be more concerned about it side slipping into your face than side slipping into the shed.
It’s the Mavic air 2 that has built-in roll into the yaw

So for kicks , I bought and now fly a DJI FPV sorry, no longer have a Mavic hope its ok to come back here and post anyway.
Here is some practice in the same type place with the new drone..

So for kicks , I bought and now fly a DJI FPV sorry, no longer have a Mavic hope its ok to come back here and post anyway.

I can’t wait for mine should be in today or tomorrow. Say does that thing have a microphone on it it seems like all FPV videos have sound

I’ve been practicing acro on the simulator hoping to not crash it (much)

It does have a mic on it, I've not even tried acro (manual) on it yet.
Hi highly suggest using a simulator on your computer it’s totally different than what you’re used to it took about 10 hours on the simulator then suddenly it just clicked

Hi highly suggest using a simulator on your computer it’s totally different than what you’re used to it took about 10 hours on the simulator then suddenly it just clicked
Thanks if I ever get time

You are a couple months ahead of me on the learning curve...looks like you have it down very well...I have not been able to get to an area where I can kind of let loose ...all my videos have "practice" in the title..a tutorial I watched ssuggested having the grids in the camera settings on the screen while maneuvering like that...did you use that?...if so ...was it helpful?

You are a couple months ahead of me on the learning curve...looks like you have it down very well...I have not been able to get to an area where I can kind of let loose ...all my videos have "practice" in the title..a tutorial I watched ssuggested having the grids in the camera settings on the screen while maneuvering like that...did you use that?...if so ...was it helpful?
I have tried the grids, they didn't really help, its more just getting used to your bird and getting better at it.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest