DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Practicing again..

A.O.

Reactions
Just practicing flying low levels and getting ready to fly through the woods.

Want to learn to fly through the woods, not just over them..

Need to get smoother..

Its like riding a motorcycle, anybody can ride fast, you want to show me your skills? do it slow!

Last edited:
I don't have a MA2 so would ask, can you adjust your yaw rate? It could be the stick sensitivity on the yaw that is causing the jerkiness. Also, were you flying in the C mode or N mode?

Reactions: Galeforce1
I don't have a MA2 so would ask, can you adjust your yaw rate? It could be the stick sensitivity on the yaw that is causing the jerkiness. Also, were you flying in the C mode or N mode?
Not sure on adjusting the yaw rate, where would I go to do that? Somewhere in the app I'm guessing?

And I thought about that after, I was in normal mode, should have been in Cinesmooth!

Still VERY new at all this., thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
Ya think?? Every time I avoided that branch it kept reaching out farther!! Weirdest thing!
That moment remind me a similar situation when I thought I did well when I was moving around a branch tree in order to avoid it but I still I crashed to it ?. Observation through the drone's camera it is not better than your own eyes ?

lol but actually it was a serious question, with the M2P and MM yaw turns produce no bank and there can be significant side slip. When I asked about this, on here, someone said that banking (which would stop side slip) had been introduced but I don't remember on which drone.
If your's did not bank then I would be more concerned about it side slipping into your face than side slipping into the shed.

That moment remind me a similar situation when I thought I did well when I was moving around a branch tree in order to avoid it but I still I crashed to it ?. Observation through the drone's camera it is not better than your own eyes ?
I'm still working at judging close stuff like that, I might try those grids you can put up.

lol but actually it was a serious question, with the M2P and MM yaw turns produce no bank and there can be significant side slip. When I asked about this, on here, someone said that banking (which would stop side slip) had been introduced but I don't remember on which drone.
If your's did not bank then I would be more concerned about it side slipping into your face than side slipping into the shed.
"If" it banked, I did not notice, it does seem to slide in the corners... but that was hardly high speed!

Nice video, patriot. I'm too nervous to fly through the woods. Tried once and got stuck. Sensors didn't like all the trees.

Nice video, patriot. I'm too nervous to fly through the woods. Tried once and got stuck. Sensors didn't like all the trees.
Thanks, Baby steps, playing in my driveway for now, I have a couple other roads through the woods here and they are next.. someday through the woods!
Going away from me and then coming back gives me practice with the way the controls work each way..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78