DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PRE-FLIGHT CHECKLIST (M4P)

As others have said, before you leave home check for updates. Also check that you have your SD card in the drone.

I have three pre-flight checklists: a pre-trip checklist of stuff I can do at home the day before (check airspace, weather predictions, SD card, rotors, settings, etc), a pre-flight site-inspection checklist (double-check airspace & weather, SD card (because I'm paranoid), etc.), and a separate pre-flight checklist of stuff I do before every flight (rotors, etc).

Basically, I want to discover any problems as early as possible when there is plenty of time to fix them (or change plans).

Some may think that my lists are more to-do lists, and I won't dispute that. I've just found checking off items on a list (and always doing them in the same order) is the best way for me to not forget a step. I've got less than 100 hours and a lot of this stuff isn't second nature yet.

For #19, I generally ascend to about "eye-level", rotate 360 degrees for a final inspection to verify that everything looks good before moving away horizontally or vertically. Looking forward to seeing the completed pre-check list.
Thanks.

For #19, I generally ascend to about "eye-level", rotate 360 degrees for a final inspection to verify that everything looks good before moving away horizontally or vertically. Looking forward to seeing the completed pre-check list.
Thanks.
As @BigAl07 mentioned in another thread a couple of days ago, it's also a good idea to listen carefully for any irregularities in the motor and prop sounds.

Reactions: BigAl07
As @BigAl07 mentioned in another thread a couple of days ago, it's also a good idea to listen carefully for any irregularities in the motor and prop sounds.

Here's the thread mentioned above :)

Reactions: MS Coast
As MA2 and Mobilehomer noted, one of the most important things on the checklist is your props. They are what keep you in the air and a small crack can turn into a big one. It’s great that you’re putting a checklist together though. 👍👍

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2 317
As MA2 and Mobilehomer noted, one of the most important things on the checklist is your props. They are what keeps you in the air and a small crack can turn into a big one. It’s great that you’re putting a checklist together though. 👍👍
THANKS. Good point! Your suggestion is now # 2 on the list!

Reactions: Dbez1
Thanks.
I do exactly what you do, but somebody pointed out that the DJI manual says you should "rise to 7 m before moving horizontally from the home point", so that's why I put that in there

I do exactly what you do, but somebody pointed out that the DJI manual says you should "rise to 7 m before moving horizontally from the home point", so that's why I put that in there
Eye level and rotate for visual and auditory inspection, then up to 7 m and double-check the home point on the map.

Eye level and rotate for visual and auditory inspection, then up to 7 m and double-check the home point on the map.

FYI, I make sure the home point is set and correct before going any higher than eye level. If something is goofy, the drone can't get into any trouble and it doesn't have far to fall.

One more big picture thing to consider. Maintain situational awareness with the drone, especially when it has spun up and is airborne. A lengthily checklist has the potential for distraction away from the goal of flying safely.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N