DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre Program Flight Route On Computer?

I designed a 26-waypoint mission for my Mavic Pro using Litchi's Mission Hub on my PC laptop (see image below). I flew the mission with the Litchi app on my iPhone 6. It went very well - BUT BE SURE TO FIGURE YOUR ALTITUDE FROM YOUR HOME POINT!! I did not, and I was VERY lucky indeed, as you can see in this video of the mission:

View attachment 53272
Not having as many surprises is one of the advantages of using VLM to double check things like altitude, obstacle avoidance and returning from the mission.

Not having as many surprises is one of the advantages of using VLM to double check things like altitude, obstacle avoidance and returning from the mission.
In the Litchi app, as you are setting up your waypoints there’s a little checkbox just below the Altitude box. It’s labeled “Above Ground”. If you Don’t check that box when setting up your waypoint the altitude you put in will be Above the Home Point. I believe this is what happened with your mission. The waypoints you chose were ABOVE the Home Point and when you put in an altitude of 30 or 40 ft you were actually telling the drone to go to 30 to 40 ft above the starting point. If your waypoints were already 25’ above the the Home Point you’re going to be flying at 15’ or less. I ALWAYS check that little box so that my altitude is safely ABOVE THE GROUND at a given waypoint.

When flying uphill - even if there's only a 17-foot drop over the course of half a mile (as was my case) - you've GOT to account for that elevation. Thanks for the "Above Ground" tip. I will check every one of those boxes when I design the next mission. And, I'll fly the mission in VLM to be sure it's safe to fly before putting the Mavic in danger again.

Reactions: caleb1 and Cdcolt
When flying uphill - even if there's only a 17-foot drop over the course of half a mile (as was my case) - you've GOT to account for that elevation. Thanks for the "Above Ground" tip. I will check every one of those boxes when I design the next mission. And, I'll fly the mission in VLM to be sure it's safe to fly before putting the Mavic in danger again.
Hermidog,

The Litchi app will display the MSL altitude at any waypoint. This is the actual altitude of that waypoint above sea level.
The real power is in the Mission Hub website:
Mission Hub - Litchi

The Litchi app (for your mobile device) does the work that your pre-designed mission lays out for it. In order to transfer the mission from your computer to your mobile device, you'll need something like Dropbox. If you save the mission that you've designed - give it a name - then put it in Dropbox, if will automatically go to any devices that are sync-ed to Dropbox. Then just go to "Waypoints" in the Lichi app on your device and open the pre-designed mission. Good luck!
If you are using a network connected phone or tablet all you need is the Litchi app for that device. When you log on to your account all your missions will be there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S