DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Precise fly safe database airplane vs app?

Rocky43

Reactions
What is the difference between these 2? If my airplane has an older firmware it can override what the app does ?

What is the difference between these 2?
The database is a file installed on the aircraft. The app is installed on your mobile device.

If my airplane has an older firmware it can override what the app does ?
No. The firmware tells the aircraft what to do. It can work even when the app isn't running.

The database is a file installed on the aircraft. The app is installed on your mobile device.

No. The firmware tells the aircraft what to do. It can work even when the app isn't running.

Have a question, let’s say I’m flying below the height ceiling of the geozone. But my RTH altitude is above the geozone, will the RTH work if I need to RTH due to Low battery or signal loss? That’s my concern with all these new geozones DJI are pushing out.

Reactions: dwolfe002
let’s say I’m flying below the height ceiling of the geozone. But my RTH altitude is above the geozone, will the RTH work if I need to RTH due to Low battery or signal loss?
I have never tested that. I think the Mavic would ascend to the geo zone ceiling and fly home at that altitude. I don't know that it would continue to ascend if the ceiling gets higher as it flies home.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb