DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Precision landing/auto landing from a table possible?

NeoXTC

Reactions
Hi,

Just been experimenting with precision landing from a table and it seems like it can't land? Is it correct or is it my drone?

Basically I got one of those circle green table about 1.5-2m in diameter. On the table I put a square white piece of cardboard (stuck down). I auto take off with precision option. When I try to RTH it gets to the point and then hovers saying can't land due to incorrect bad landing spot.

Is this due to the fact that it's on an elevated platform (ie table) and that drone won't beable to land if it's elevated like that?

I have yet to try it on ground level as I got a dog that will chase it if it's on the ground hahah

I'm still new to this so still learning all the bits and pieces of the Mavic Pro and app.

Try putting a landing pad or an identifying marking on the table. All my drone will TO and land on my backyard table.
Does RTH and landing work elsewhere?

I got one of those circle green table about 1.5-2m in diameter. ...
Is this due to the fact that it's on an elevated platform (ie table) and that drone won't beable to land if it's elevated like that?
The problem isn't that the landing spot is elevated.
The problem is that it's too small and the sensors are looking at part of the table and part of the drop off the table and identifying that as unsuitable.

QUOTE="NeoXTC, post: 912564, member: 1"]
I got one of those circle green table about 1.5-2m in diameter. ...
Is this due to the fact that it's on an elevated platform (ie table) and that drone won't beable to land if it's elevated like that? [/QUOTE]

The problem isn't that the landing spot is elevated.
The problem is that it's too small and the sensors are looking at part of the table and part of the drop off the table and identifying that as unsuitable.
Is 4.5-6’ diameter really too small? My landing pad is only about 2’ diameter.

On take off, are you flying straight up at least 7 meters (23 feet) before heading out on course? It won't precision land without climbing straight up first!

I'm taking my M2P off a cream colored small picnic table with a 1-1/2 inch umbrella hole in the middle. It lands spot on within an inch or two. So neither an elevated landing platform, nor a smaller (within reason) target should be a problem.

Would the dog running around as I take off be the problem as it won't haven't the same dog location as it lands. Thing that annoys me is that it goes to the the general landing spot but then stops as it detects unsafe to land.

Would the dog running around as I take off be the problem as it won't haven't the same dog location as it lands. Thing that annoys me is that it goes to the the general landing spot but then stops as it detects unsafe to land.
If your sure it’s going to be on you tabletop with all four legs you can force it to land with stick controls I believe, although you may still have to OK that on your screen.

If your sure it’s going to be on you tabletop with all four legs you can force it to land with stick controls I believe, although you may still have to OK that on your screen.

Oh yeah I can force it land no problem hahah It's more I want to play with precise landing. I actually prefer hand landing as I'm a lazy bum and don't even need to get up from the chair haha

I'm just trying to learn all the limitations etc and methods to overcome them that's all :)

Anyway more trial and error for me to see if it's my AC or it just needs a good static image when taking off and landing.

Reactions: Thomas B
I would add some distinguishing lines/marks on the white cardboard. Just for giggles, restrain the dog and lay the white square on the ground in the same area. Process of elimination, my opinion is the white landing point is causing the issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair