DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Precision Landing gone?

Rob Dog

Reactions
OK.. I am almost 70 and my memory is not like it was BUT....

What happened to the Precision Landing on my Mavic 2 Pro?

Could you be more specific about "what happened"? What is it doing or not doing that you expect?

Precision Landing as described on page 19 of the owners manual lists some requirements for it to work properly. You have to record a HP on take off, ascend at least 7m, on return the terrain should appear the same, etc.

1720716890108.png

When I used to take off, I would get a message saying something like "Precision Landing Set.."

Now I don't see anything and while landing there are no auto adjustments as it lands..

When I used to take off, I would get a message saying something like "Precision Landing Set.."

Now I don't see anything and while landing there are no auto adjustments as it lands..
I have never seen that message with my Mavic 2 pro or zoom, it would be very welcome lol.
With my drones all that I need to do to set up precision landing is send the drone up, vertically, to more that 7m, 23ft+ and that's it.
BUT NOTE the climb MUST be vertical.

The test to see whether or not precision landing has been set up is to then send the drone out beyond any distance thresholds and do an RTH.
Once the drone arrives over the home point it should spin to face in the direction it was facing when the drone launched.
If it does spin precision landing has been set up, if it doesn't spin then there was something wrong with the take off and climb.

I have never seen that message with my Mavic 2 pro or zoom, it would be very welcome lol.
With my drones all that I need to do to set up precision landing is send the drone up, vertically, to more that 7m, 23ft+ and that's it.
BUT NOTE the climb MUST be vertical.

The test to see whether or not precision landing has been set up is to then send the drone out beyond any distance thresholds and do an RTH.
Once the drone arrives over the home point it should spin to face in the direction it was facing when the drone launched.
If it does spin precision landing has been set up, if it doesn't spin then there was something wrong with the take off and climb.
All of this is true for a normal T/O and landing. What I am saying is that during a "Precision" landing as it lands it reads the image that it took off from and then makes slight adjustments to place it within a couple inches of where it took off from. Works best with a landing pad. That's my missing part...

OK.. I am almost 70 and my memory is not like it was BUT....

What happened to the Precision Landing on my Mavic 2 Pro?

Isnt there an option to enable in the app, from memory as its been a long time since i flew my Mavic Pro 1

I just tested it again and it WORKED...

I bought this one used and it has a couple of calibration issues that might be messing with me...

Thank you for your feedback!

Reactions: Wild Drone Pilot
That's my missing part...
What's your missing part ?
The prodedure I described i.e. climb, vertically, to 7m+ is what sets up the4 precision landing. If that was done then it should land near enough "spot-on" where it took off.
Using that procedure my pro or zoom landed with the camera over a coin sized patch of moss exactly where it had been at take off and yes it probably did automatically adjust its position as it descended.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lexchin