DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Precision landing

How often does Precision Landing work for you. (assuming you launch "correctly").

• Nearly Always, Most of Time, 50/50, Sometimes or Rarely?

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Nearly Always

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Most of the time

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Pretty much 50/50

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Sometimes but not often

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Rarely

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
When I fly in my house I put the Landing pad at merely 5 inches of the swimming pool, the Air 2S always land on the pad w/o any hassle or concerns by my side. Mini 2 is another story, I always hand land, if not, for sure will be Butterfly stroke World Champion. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I've been flying for DJI for years and this is the first I've heard about precision landings, so thank you for that. Now I'm curious why anyone would use precision landing as opposed to manual landing, especially if it's not 100% reliable?
No landing is 100% reliable but when I do go fly I usually will test the precision landing at least once among other test to try and gage how my Mavic 2 is performing. It may not mean anything but I am happy when it lands an inch from where it took off as opposed to 3 feet away. All that gives me more confidence when flying in close proximity to people, autos or buildings.

WDK

My Mavic 2 pro was just returned from the repair shop with upgrades from DJI , i assume. I seems that the pictures are better especially the video. But the RTH setting is different now and has two issues. 1. I launch from a 4x4 piece of plywood and rth wants to land 6-8 feet away from launch site, 2. The descent is VERY slow , around a second per foot faster when higher. It slows and even stops when about 30ft from ground forcing me land manually

My Mavic 2 pro was just returned from the repair shop with upgrades from DJI , i assume. I seems that the pictures are better especially the video.
Your drone won't have been upgraded.
The seeming improvement in video or dtills is most likely due to different settings from what you had.

But the RTH setting is different now and has two issues. 1. I launch from a 4x4 piece of plywood and rth wants to land 6-8 feet away from launch site
That's completely normal and just shows that Precision Landing is not being used and the landing is using GPS alone.

I usually land manually, but I test PL and RTH regularly. Air2s is about 90%+ on pad. The rest are just off the pad. Rarely it requires manual intervention if the sun has set, or a tree shadow has moved (the Air2s batteries last a good long time). Don't stand near the pad or have your shadow in the landing area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya