DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Precision Landings when using Litchi

Jeff A

Well Worn Member
Reactions
My Mavic 2 Zoom makes great autonomous Precision Landings when flying with DJI Go 4. I don't seem to have precision at all when using Litchi. I'm not missing the mark by inches, but more like feet, and more than a couple of feet. What might I be missing here?

My Mavic 2 Zoom makes great autonomous Precision Landings when flying with DJI Go 4. I don't seem to have precision at all when using Litchi. I'm not missing the mark by inches, but more like feet, and more than a couple of feet. What might I be missing here?
Did you have Precision Landing enabled in Litchi settings? This might be the problem. My Mavic Pro has no problem with precision landing using Litchi.

My M2Z is exactly the same as yours. Off by a few feet when using Litchi and RTH.

Did you have Precision Landing enabled in Litchi settings? This might be the problem. My Mavic Pro has no problem with precision landing using Litchi.
Absolutely!

My M2Z is exactly the same as yours. Off by a few feet when using Litchi and RTH.
I don't believe that is in "Spec", if there is a Spec. Using DJI Go 4, I am usually not more than 5 inches off of where I took off. I use a Landing Mat so it is easy to tell. Most of the time using Litchi, I'm not hitting the mat at all. Being 5 -10 ten feet from the Mat is commonplace with Litchi.

I don't believe that is in "Spec", if there is a Spec. Using DJI Go 4, I am usually not more than 5 inches off of where I took off. I use a Landing Mat so it is easy to tell. Most of the time using Litchi, I'm not hitting the mat at all. Being 5 -10 ten feet from the Mat is commonplace with Litchi.
Hi again, I should also have asked if you are familiar with the way Litchi memorises the landing point.
When taking off, make sure you take drone straight up to 33ft / 10mts approx and wait a second or two for Litchi to record photo of home point.
I've never had the problem you experience when doing take off as I describe.
Give it a go to see if it works for you, let's know the outcome.
Regards

Reactions: pelagic_one
Hi again, I should also have asked if you are familiar with the way Litchi memorises the landing point.
When taking off, make sure you take drone straight up to 33ft / 10mts approx and wait a second or two for Litchi to record photo of home point.
I've never had the problem you experience when doing take off as I describe.
Give it a go to see if it works for you, let's know the outcome.
Regards
If that is true, and I do believe what you say, I definitely have NOT been doing the procedure correctly.Where is this published? It makes me wonder what else I am missing. :cool: Thank you!

I have to ask. Why are people using Litchi instead of the Go4 app.

Also something else I never hear any body mention. I have and do myself if using litchi, you are supposed to start in go4 app first...then close it out. Then use litchi they work off each other. I dont know how factually true that is.

Also something else I never hear any body mention. I have and do myself if using litchi, you are supposed to start in go4 app first...then close it out. Then use litchi they work off each other. I dont know how factually true that is.
I believe both DJI & Litchi require any other programs to be completely shut down so that they are not running in the background.

I have to ask. Why are people using Litchi instead of the Go4 app.
I can only speak for myself but I can tell you that Litchi is a great Waypoint program for taking photos. I can sit at my PC in the quiet of my office and design a route and tasks in order to take footage or photos or both. I can save my work on the Litchi Mission Hub and when I'm ready, I download it into my tablet and when get to the area where I plan to take pictures, I run it and it will do the work better than hand flying it and when it's finished, the Drone lands and shuts down. I like DJI Go 4. I would rather fly with that App but I'm beginning to see why some folks switch over to Litchi full time after using it for awhile. Time will tell for me.

Reactions: mereflyer
Not true, just boot up Litchi without Go4 app. Litchi does more than the DJI app in that you can pre program the drone to complete autonomous missions. It also speaks the height, distance, speed and battery level in realtime. This means that you can concentrate on keeping eyes on drone whilst being informed of relevant info. I hardly ever use Go4 now.

If that is true, and I do believe what you say, I definitely have NOT been doing the procedure correctly.Where is this published? It makes me wonder what else I am missing. :cool: Thank you!
Hi, to answer your question, please see following, especially part 'b', copied from Mavic manual:
Precision Landing
The Mavic Pro automatically scans and attempts to match the terrain features underneath during Return to Home. When current terrain matches home point terrain, the Mavic will start landing immediately to achieve precision landing. The DJI GO 4 app will show a terrain feature mismatch prompt if matching fails.

Precision Landing performance is subject to the following conditions:
a. Home point is recorded upon take off, and cannot not be refreshed during flight.
b. Aircraft must take off vertically. Take off altitude must be greater than 10 meters.
c. Home point terrain features remain largely unchanged.
d. Home point terrain with no distinctive features will affect the performance.
e. Lighting conditions cannot be too light nor too dark.
The following actions are available during landing: a. Pull throttle down to accelerate landing. b. Moving the control sticks in any other direction will stop Precision Landing. The Mavic Pro will descend vertically and Landing Protection will remain active.
Hope that clears it up for you.
Happy flying!

Hi, to answer your question, please see following, especially part 'b', copied from Mavic manual:
Precision Landing
The Mavic Pro automatically scans and attempts to match the terrain features underneath during Return to Home. When current terrain matches home point terrain, the Mavic will start landing immediately to achieve precision landing. The DJI GO 4 app will show a terrain feature mismatch prompt if matching fails.

Precision Landing performance is subject to the following conditions:
a. Home point is recorded upon take off, and cannot not be refreshed during flight.
b. Aircraft must take off vertically. Take off altitude must be greater than 10 meters.
c. Home point terrain features remain largely unchanged.
d. Home point terrain with no distinctive features will affect the performance.
e. Lighting conditions cannot be too light nor too dark.
The following actions are available during landing: a. Pull throttle down to accelerate landing. b. Moving the control sticks in any other direction will stop Precision Landing. The Mavic Pro will descend vertically and Landing Protection will remain active.
Hope that clears it up for you.
Happy flying!
Actually, it didn't clear everything up. You quoted the DJI Go 4 manual. I don't have a problem when flying with DJI Go 4. I do have the problem flying using Litchi.

Actually, it didn't clear everything up. You quoted the DJI Go 4 manual. I don't have a problem when flying with DJI Go 4. I do have the problem flying using Litchi.
No. This is from the Mavic Pro manual, not the Go4 manual. I had it clarified from Litchi support when I first bought Litchi. As Litchi uses code from DJI, this part is correct. This is the way I have always used precision landing and it has never failed me.
The Go4 app is mentioned as it is a DJI product.
Try it for yourself and see if it works for you, else email Litchi support.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa