DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PrecisionMapper

bushie

Reactions
Anyone use precision mapper. I am looking for software, preferably free, to produce orthomaps from a series of photos taken with DroneHarmony. precision mapper looks OK but when I try to create an account it says it is going to send me an email to complete the process but no email arrives and without it I cannot log in. Have checked and am sure my email address is correct. Anyone else using Precision Mapper?

With some assistance from Precision Mapper finally got access. From there on it was simple
Work flow so far
  1. Plotted area I wanted to map defined with a polygon in Google Earth
  2. Uploaded KMZ file to DroneHarmony and let it do its thing laying out flight plan
  3. Flew mission and obtained photos of area I required to map
  4. Uploaded files from SD card to Precision mapper
  5. Downloaded processed files from Precision mapper
  6. Imported file into MapWindow 5 on overlay of Bing Satelite map

All worked smoothly. Now for a much larger area.

im haveing problems. i can donwnload the imeges to precision mapper put it keep erroring me. I seem to be missing a dat or svc file.

im haveing problems. i can donwnload the imeges to precision mapper put it keep erroring me. I seem to be missing a dat or svc file.
What aircraft did you fly?
What app did you use to collect the images?
How many images did you take?
Did you use the web interface to upload the images or the desktop app?
What is the exact error message?

With some assistance from Precision Mapper finally got access. From there on it was simple
Work flow so far
  1. Plotted area I wanted to map defined with a polygon in Google Earth
  2. Uploaded KMZ file to DroneHarmony and let it do its thing laying out flight plan
  3. Flew mission and obtained photos of area I required to map
  4. Uploaded files from SD card to Precision mapper
  5. Downloaded processed files from Precision mapper
  6. Imported file into MapWindow 5 on overlay of Bing Satelite map
All worked smoothly. Now for a much larger area.
I know the original post is slightly dated, but why sketch in Google Earth and import KMZs to Drone Harmony? Pix4d and DroneDeploy offer free flight apps whether or not you use their cloud processing. Planning a mission takes about 30 seconds at home or in the field. For processing, OpenDroneMap/WebODM is open-source software that does a good job if you have the PC power. The optional installer package is about $60 (US) but if you have a little bit of command line experience you can install it manually. They also have a credits-based paid option for cloud processing that was recently implemented.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones