DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

preflight app

thanks.. :D
Hans,

Yes, the app works in whole world.

I am one of the authors of the app so if you miss any features in the app or have any questions, please contact me.

We are already working on new version with bunch of new features. :D

I have now had the opportunity to test your app and I already love it.

I wish to see the moon times and position when visible (see my masterpiece bellow) and times for bluehour in addition to goldenhour, this is usually when you get the best pictures.

moon.jpg

Bluehour is already in development progress. The moon information is nothing we thought before, is this really interested info for drone flying?

However I put this on our list of features to be added.

Thanks

Hans,

Yes, the app works in whole world.

I am one of the authors of the app so if you miss any features in the app or have any questions, please contact me.

We are already working on new version with bunch of new features. :D

Looks like an excellent app. However, I don't purchase any apps that require a subscription that automatically takes my money on a scheduled renewal. When I stop using the app, and eventually I will, the withdrawals will continue unless someone realizes the situation and cancels the subscription. This seems to me to be a very unethical business model.

Looks like an excellent app. However, I don't purchase any apps that require a subscription that automatically takes my money on a scheduled renewal. When I stop using the app, and eventually I will, the withdrawals will continue unless someone realizes the situation and cancels the subscription. This seems to me to be a very unethical business model.

Hi Ken K,

My goal with the app is to create a pre-flight app that everyone can afford, in the best worlds it had been completely free but right now I have a very high fees on servers, weather, legal & NFZ data, google maps SDK, developer licenses etc. Should the app make a profit, this will go back to the app to get more features or the prices will be adjusted. I have no plans to make money on this app.

It is worth even comparing the price with other apps, we only charge a fraction of what they charge. We have also made it that it’s extremely easy to end subscriptions on iPhone, found under the settings on the app (this will also come to android soon).

I also FULLY understand that if you don’t want get subscription and we have started to already plan to have a in app product that ex covers 100 searches for a certain amount as a complement to the subscriptions plans. Would this work better for you?

However, it makes me happy that you seemed to like the app except the subscription.

I am also working a bunch of really cool new features to the app to make it stronger.

Last edited:
Hi Ken K,

My goal with the app is to create a pre-flight app that everyone can afford, in the best worlds it had been completely free but right now I have a very high fees on servers, weather, legal & NFZ data, google maps SDK, developer licenses etc. Should the app make a profit, this will go back to the app to get more features or the prices will be adjusted. I have no plans to make money on this app.

It is worth even comparing the price with other apps, we only charge a fraction of what they charge. We have also made it that it’s extremely easy to end subscriptions on iPhone, found under the settings on the app (this will also come to android soon).

I also FULLY understand that if you don’t want get subscription and we have started to already plan to have a in app product that ex covers 100 searches for a certain amount as a complement to the subscriptions plans. Would this work better for you?

However, it makes me happy that you seemed to like the app except the subscription.

I am also working a bunch of really cool new features to the app to make it stronger.

Thank you for your reply.
I understand your need to cover costs and would not have any problem with you making some money for yourself as well.
The "100 searches for a certain amount" might work but would depend on the definition of a "search" and "amount". :)
Best for me would probably be a term subscription with email or message (maybe in app) notification say a month before end of term. (No notification if the term is less than, say, 6 months .....or whatever males sense to you.)
It's the automatic payments that I object to. I believe the consumer should have to agree to each charge to their account.

Thank you for your reply.
I understand your need to cover costs and would not have any problem with you making some money for yourself as well.
The "100 searches for a certain amount" might work but would depend on the definition of a "search" and "amount". :)
Best for me would probably be a term subscription with email or message (maybe in app) notification say a month before end of term. (No notification if the term is less than, say, 6 months .....or whatever males sense to you.)
It's the automatic payments that I object to. I believe the consumer should have to agree to each charge to their account.

I am grateful for your honesty and I will consider the payment model in the near future. I will look at a few different solutions how to solve this so that everyone is satisfied.

At present, we are using apples & google's subscriptions plans because it was the fastest and easiest to set up.

however, I have no control and cannot end the subscriptions for the user automatically as apple and google have designed this. I could instead add that you automatically receive mail, for example, a week before subscription is about to be renewed so that you can decide on this if you want to cancel it with few clicks.

........ I could instead add that you automatically receive mail, for example, a week before subscription is about to be renewed so that you can decide on this if you want to cancel it with few clicks.

That would work for me.
Thank you for the explanations in your reply and consideration of an email notification.
Have a great day.

I've just added the app. I thought it was a reasonable price in comparison. I just got a monthly subscription to try it out. Can always cancel the £1.39 a month in Subscriptions.(In the app store) or choose the cheaper annual subscription, depending on how I get on with it.
Looks impressive, will have to see how it compares.

Bluehour is already in development progress. The moon information is nothing we thought before, is this really interested info for drone flying?

However I put this on our list of features to be added.

Thanks

awesome, yes i fly most in darkness and its always nice to have the moon in the background

are there any designers around here? I am working on new features but I have issues to get good design on these features. :(

i am a developer and not designer :D

perfect, when is next version comming out?

We have a new UI designer who will make a professional and user friendly layout for the app, And for the moment I am waiting for new sketches so I do not dare to promise when the new version will released but it is not far away.

I am really happy to inform that our new graphic artist has now delivered a complete new awesome and professional layout to the app now.

however, we need to re-write the most of the app and it will take a while, but then we will be at a completely different level than today. we will also increase the subscription price of the app simultaneously for new users.

I hope we can release this within a month.

For your info, the new version has now been submitted to our beta group to test for bugs and errors. Once they have tested it, we will release this publicly.

The app have now been totally been re-written with complete new fresh layout (also with themes) and have some new features. Some parts will also be available in the free plan.

We have also already started to work with the next version as we have a plan to release new features to the app at regular intervals in the future. So if you have any new features, please contact me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy