DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Preflight Checklist

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
Please don't reply to this. Do post separate thread or PM for suggestions/questions.

Preflight Checklist in PDF attached. Modify to your needs. If you want the .DOC file (Word) PM me. Can't post .DOC here for some reason.

Also see my RTH Setup Checklist.

Please don't reply to this. Do post separate thread or PM for suggestions/questions.

2017-08-16 - REVISED: Checklist updated
2017-05-07 - EDITED: Added RTH Checklist link

Attachments

• Alan's-checklist.pdf
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,937
Last edited:

This revision adds "check battery latched" in bold, twice. Corrects the order of a couple items. Given at least two incidents where that's a possible cause, I thought I'd beef that up. (Also on my P4P the "latched" feeling is not so hot and the battery is inserted on the back and could very easily slip out if not latched.)

EDITED: Minor change to checklist at 16:40 UTC. (Order of GO App launch)
Thanks Alan. I finally printed your check list out AGAIN but this time it'll be with me in the field!!!!!!!!

Thank you!

Similar to the one I made while waiting for my drone. I am sure that my checks will become more abbeviated as I get experience, become familiar with the operations and get a feel for the things that are highest priority.

But the mere act of writing your own checklist provides incentive to get into the manual and find out capabilities and limitations. Don't just use someone else's checklist, though this is much better than nothing. I recommend the exercise to any newbie that wishes to keep at least his initial flights, if not boring, at least somewhat orderly.

Thanks! Is it important to stop the video recording before shutdown? On my previous quad, if I did not stop the recording before shutting down it would corrupt the video file. It was a very frustrating learning curve as it was not mentioned in user manual!

My phone (a droid Kyocera) likes the usb connection to be made after controller and the drone are connected.

The last thing I power up is my mavic headset.

I have not had a shutdown procedure other than shutting drone down 1st and then controller.

Seems like the controller/ drone connection is the primary one. The video feeds to headset and headset seem separate and possibly secondary? I have had my phone vid lock up, but the headset was fine.

Possibly a topic for a new thread eh?

Thanks for the check list. I love that final graphic.

Preflight Checklist in PDF attached. Modify to your needs. If you want the .DOC file (Word) PM me. Can't post .DOC here for some reason.

Also see my RTH Setup Checklist.

2017-08-16 - REVISED: Checklist updated
2017-05-07 - EDITED: Added RTH Checklist link

Many thanks for your effort, learned a couple things reviewing the checklist!!

Reactions: GPLA
I just found this old thread online, and wonder if some folks can take a look at the checklist, give me your opinions on it, and maybe we can all come up with a good updated solution.

Thanks! Is it important to stop the video recording before shutdown? On my previous quad, if I did not stop the recording before shutting down it would corrupt the video file. It was a very frustrating learning curve as it was not mentioned in user manual!

Yes! Stop recording before shutdown!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato