DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Preflight Checklists on the Smart Controller?

Neiltheeducator

Reactions
Apologies if this has been asked before, but a search didn't pull up anything - I'm trying to find an app that allows for a checklist to be completed and saved after each flight, preferably with the option to edit the checklist template for our own use.

I've come across a couple on the Google Play store, but they only offer the added bells and whistles with a paid version, and you can't complete that process on the controller as far as I can see. Seems pretty bizarre that it's functionality that's easy to obtain using the 'vanilla' controller with an iPhone strapped to it, but insanely difficult to access on the Smart Controller.

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
Apologies if this has been asked before, but a search didn't pull up anything - I'm trying to find an app that allows for a checklist to be completed and saved after each flight, preferably with the option to edit the checklist template for our own use.

I've come across a couple on the Google Play store, but they only offer the added bells and whistles with a paid version, and you can't complete that process on the controller as far as I can see. Seems pretty bizarre that it's functionality that's easy to obtain using the 'vanilla' controller with an iPhone strapped to it, but insanely difficult to access on the Smart Controller.
1. Check the UAV forecast.
2. Check the launch location.
3. Check the battery.
4. Check the props.
5. Remove the gimbal cover.
6. Check RC settings / SD card / RTH etc.
7. Up Up & Away!
Works fine for me. 😀👍🏻

You know, there isn't such a thing in the Smart Controller and I have often wondered why? It seems a natural thing to have, and also be able to add to this if you need to, but not take the basics list away either. How can this be suggested to DJI?

Reactions: Gagey52
You know, there isn't such a thing in the Smart Controller and I have often wondered why? It seems a natural thing to have, and also be able to add to this if you need to, but not take the basics list away either. How can this be suggested to DJI?
I will say as careful as I try to be [one time only one] I put the props on wrong!
But the DJI software didn't take off said check props WOW saved the day! :oops:

I use the free Thunder drone check list. It comes a packing list, Preflight, Log, and History.

I'm using the Airdata app on my Smart Controller, it has customisable pre- and post flight checklists but you'll need a Enterprise account to be able to use it...
I hoped to use this feature of Airdata and was disappointed to find it is only available on the Enterprise plan. As checklists are important for all pilots, not just “enterprise” subscribers, having this basic feature on all paid plans (like “Gold”) would be a nice addition.

Yeah, I think checklists should be available in all Pro plans, which I've pointed out to Airdata both via email and in a survey they let me do.

Hopefully they implement checklists in the Pro plans in a near future.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000